In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Q&A] My device is locked with my phone number but other person Xiaomi account

2019-12-13 18:21:28
13585 13
Hi!, I want to ask you about a incredibly weird problem I have with a MI account locked device and maybe you can help me out.

I did a factory reset to my Xiaomi phone and it is know stuck at the "This device is locked" screen with the padlock.  I logged in my Xiaomi account and went to my devices list but I have zero devices with "find device" enabled. The phone number associated is mine (the one my SIM card uses) but the Xiaomi Account ID the lock screen shows it's not mine. I only have one Xiaomi account and one e-mail. The thing is, this is my phone, I bought it two years ago brand new an I was only person who use it.

I wrote two e-mails to xiaomi service.global@xiaomi.com well written with pictures of the original phone box (front and back with the IMEI and S/N), the locked device screen (showing the unlocking code), my Xiaomi account logged up and I share other data like my e-mail (and the ID of the associated Xiaomi account).

They answered me with the exact same generic answer which I quote:
"To protect our customer’s privacy, we are not taking the device unlocking request from our customers. However, if you forgot Mi account password, please visit id.mi.com and click on “forgot password ”and proceed, if you have forgotten screen password and locked your phone, please re-entering your device by retrieving Mi account password.”

I thought Xiaomi help people using this kind of aproach, I don't if they changed their policy but is quite disapointing. The xiaomi account locking my device is not mine but the phone number is  (I use that SIM every day)  so I tried to recover the account with my phone number and, as I expected, I recovered the pass of my Xiaomi account not that one causing the problem. My phone number is associated with the Xiaomi account (the one I don't know the full ID as the picture shows).

In the "security" section of my Xiaomi account I see that I don't have my phone number associated to it and if I try to add it, then it tells me that is already in use by other account (the one causing the problem probably). This has no sense because, as I said, when I recover my account with using my phone number it recovers this account... no the other one I don't know wich is associated with my number (in the locking screen).

I don't know how Xiaomi is not able to help me with this... It's my device and my phone number and I cannot unlock it....

What do you recommend to me?
2019-12-13 18:21:28
Favorites5 RateRate
Hi,

Unfortunately, none of us on Mi Community has access to reset user's passwords and ID, only the Xiaomi Global Customer Service team has. Let's see if there are any other users who faced this situation before could provide valuable feedback to solve your query. By the way, have you tried to submit unlock application instead of email? https://i.mi.com/find/device/activationlock?_locale=en_US#/help?_k=9e95nb
2019-12-13 20:59:20
Vincent Khoo  respondió a las 2019-12-14 02:59:20
Hi,

Unfortunately, none of us on Mi Community has access to reset user's passwords and ID, only the Xiaomi Global Customer Service team has. Let's see if there are any other users who faced this situation before could provide valuable feedback to solve your query. By the way, have you tried to submit unlock application instead of email? https://i.mi.com/find/device/activationlock?_locale=en_US#/help?_k=9e95nb

No I didn't, I'm gonna try. F, I'll try try this link: https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/retrieve/applyManualRetrieve  I just found because it allows me more than other recovery options I tried.  By using my phone number in that link I can apply to my phone will be associated with my Xiaomi account and no the other one (who someone has). It's funny is associated to other person's account (in its security options as recovery phone probably) but if I recover the account with my phone its my account the one I can recover (I have box pictures, everything...)

If I can achieve associate my phone (the one in the lock screen) to my real xiaomi account, maybe I can unlock it even if the Xiaomi account locking the phone is not mine.

If that fails, then I would apply to unlock it by using the form you share in the previous post and giving it lots of proof.
2019-12-14 20:08:10
I have the exact same problem.

Flashed a lot of roms. Relocked bootloader by accident. Try to unlock bootloader again. This message:

I don't know the account number in the error.

Login own Mi Account, this one i'm on right now. There was a phone in find my device so i removed it. No solution. Phone is still locked by another MI Account. Same problem as TS: The phone number is mine.

Phone is hard bricked now with no solution to flash. EDL flash fails because of the 'Find my device' lock. Very strange because EDL should override it imo.

Mailed with Xiami twice, they wont help.
2020-01-20 03:36:57

Pro Bunny

Jaxon825 | from Redmi Note 7

have you solved your problem yet? I had this happen once. I was locked out for a few days. I can't remember what solved it but do remembered trying these:
-make sure your account nickname is the same in forums, mi community, i.mi.com, etc. then when you sign in use nickname instead of phone or email. also try signing in with account # instead of phone number...
-when you try to recover account, choose the option instead of phone number. I think it redirects you to a form, then just copy what you've already written to Xiaomi on to the form. Maybe this way they won't see it as a simple unlock request...
-https://i.mi.com/find/device/act ... e=en_US#/?_k=t5i5wd
2020-01-25 20:30:53

Rookie Bunny

6280497317 | from app

Are you can help me???
2020-01-27 08:24:07

Rookie Bunny

6280497317 | from app

No good xiomi fon...
2020-01-27 08:34:03

Rookie Bunny

6278545765 | from app

Same issue I just won't buy any more devices from them if this continues to happen the second time
2020-03-23 04:19:47

Rookie Bunny

6309186336 | from app

I forget mypadsword
2020-03-29 18:46:29

Rookie Bunny

6287123391 | from app

I have the same problem here too. Its so annoying and disappointing.
2020-08-13 13:54:22
6287123391 replied at 2020-08-13 20:54:22
I have the same problem here too. Its so annoying and disappointing.

I am locked of my only phone.
I WORK AND LIVE by this phone.
I will make everything in my power, to get Xiaomi liable and banned in my country.
How dare you people lock me out of my property! and RISK MY LIFE! I cant even answer a call or call emergency.

2020-10-22 07:25:49