In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Q&A] pls help i cant unlock bootloader

2019-11-10 15:34:57
1790 5
i am trying to unlock bootloader for couple of days and i am stuck at Mi unlock status, i cant add account and device
all it says is connect to network and try again
so far what i did is factory resetted phone,
loged in loged out couple of times from Mi unlock and in Mi account too,
tried different wifi, mobile data 2g,3g,4g even VPN to china and other country nothing have been working
when i try to unlock bootloader using Mi unlock tool it stuck at 99% and says this account is not bound to this device
on i.mi.com i can see my phone connected in my devices with my sim number and serial number and i am able to find my device from there
2019-11-10 15:34:57
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

lule Author | from Redmi Note 5

does anyone know what to do
2019-11-12 11:08:15

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

You have as far as I can see taken all the right steps .
  The problem is in developer options - Mi unlock status and not able to bind.
   Firstly can you explain why you are in such an old rom Oreo 9.5.6.0 which was suspended due to bugs and followed quickly by a stable OTA update ?
2019-11-12 12:59:49

Rookie Bunny

lule Author | from Redmi Note 5

i buyed phone before couple of weeks and didnt update it yet, maybe i should update it but dont know if this problem with binding acc will be fixed or its not related to my version of rom
2019-11-12 16:17:24

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=136154337lule/url
i buyed phone before couple of weeks and didnt update it yet, maybe i should update it but dont know if this problem with binding acc will be fixed or its not related to my version of rom/quote

It probably is related . Anti rollback protection was introduced in url9.5.19.0/url .
    You should update your phone to the latest official Miui stable rom before starting unlock procedure .
As per link .
urlhttps://c.mi.com/thread-2262302-1-0.html/url
Backup all data
2019-11-12 22:38:54

Rookie Bunny

lule Author |

Sarge7 replied at 2019-11-13 04:38:54
It probably is related . Anti rollback protection was introduced in 9.5.19.0 .
    You should update your phone to the latest official Miui stable rom before starting unlock procedure .
As per link .

tnx dude it worked you saved me alot of time, i updated to latest miui rom and unlocked bootloader without waiting time
2019-11-17 14:11:10