In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Q&A] Need the global (English) firmware/ROM of Mi Router 4A (Gigabit)

2019-09-11 09:32:51
116621 125
I bought the global version of Mi Router 4A (Gigabit) but the problem was some of my phones weren't getting 5ghz wifi, also many useful features from china rom wasn't there (like guest mode) I flashed the rom from  http://www1.miwifi.com/miwifi_download.html ( version 2.28.62 (updated June 29) and the webpage became all chinese (I'm okay with it. :) )

But sadly the mobile app no ​​longer working, I even tried the chinese app too, not understanding my routers settings.

Now can you provide me the global firmware/ROM  of Mi Router 4A (Gigabit), That will be helpful!
2019-09-11 09:32:51
Favorites11 RateRate

I got the same problem too. I learned that MiWiFi must comply European wireless restriction that the firmware itself is configured for Europe (you must noticed it when you tried to access the router via App that you have to sign in from Europe region). So even my Mix2s cannot connect to MiWiFi (irony isnt it?). I planned to install the chinese ROM and thanks to you i know the outcome. However, as a back up plan,  I need the global version ROM version.  Please some one if you got any info, share it here
And also, do you have any trouble after installing the chinese ROM? Please let me know

Cheers
2019-09-28 10:03:25

Rookie Bunny

6249665175 | from app

i need your help
2019-09-30 22:55:22
The same here
2019-10-06 15:14:25
The mobile app not working really **s, really need the global version firmware! Please give us the download link for the firmware. Appreciated!
2019-10-10 17:11:27
i, too have the 4a gigabit version. before i follow your route. is there any way, you can try to port forward 80 and try if it register. my international version give me port conflict. change to chinese rom is my last resort. thanks.

sam chan
2019-10-19 03:23:52
Same problem here.
I bought the Global version, had a english global firmware, then I updated with the latest firmware from miwifi.com and now the WiFi is extremely slow and everything is in chinese.

Why don't they provide a global firmware download link ? I need to come back to the global version firmware !

Please help me. This is totally unacceptable, now my router is unusable.

It really does not make you want to buy more expensive Xiaomi product !

If anybody has the .bin gobal firmware for the 4A Gigabit please help us.

Thank you
2019-10-19 08:20:25
1593376180 a posté en 2019-10-19 09:23:52
i, too have the 4a gigabit version. before i follow your route. is there any way, you can try to port forward 80 and try if it register. my international version give me port conflict. change to chinese rom is my last resort. thanks.

sam chan

Be aware that if you update to a chinese ROM you won't be able to go back to a global version, even if you bought a global version !

And I think using the chinese ROM on a global version is making conflicts because my WiFi (5GHz) is extremely unstable since I flashed the chinese ROM.

Xiaomi refuse to provide the Global ROM .bin files and it is totally unacceptable.

Don't buy the Global Version of those products because you are not getting any support from them !
2019-10-19 08:27:24

Rookie Bunny

6231550102 | from app

Is the router working well with the Chinese ROM? I bought a global version and got the bad surprise with no guest network.
2019-10-20 19:31:09
6231550102 a posté en 2019-10-21 01:31:09
Is the router working well with the Chinese ROM? I bought a global version and got the bad surprise with no guest network.

No, the global version of this router is NOT working well with the chinese ROM.
The hardware is different and the chinese ROM is not suitable for the global version.

Beware because if you update to the chinese ROM you won't be able to go back to the global ROM because Xiaomi does not provide the global .bin (totally unacceptable).
2019-10-21 12:06:58
IstKong replied at 2019-10-19 20:27:24
Be aware that if you update to a chinese ROM you won't be able to go back to a global version, even if you bought a global version !

And I think using the chinese ROM on a global version is making conflicts because my WiFi (5GHz) is extremely unstable since I flashed the chinese ROM.

too late...i already change to the chinese rom. same thing port 80 conflict. now...cannot go back to global rom.

don't know what to do with the router.....totally unusable and I cannot change is back to global rom. really **s...
2019-10-22 22:08:46