In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Smart Band 4

[Tips & Tricks] [TUTORIAL] How to install watchfaces or create your own!

2019-07-16 06:08:18
23338 14

Hello Again Mi Fans

I'm at it again, yes, searching the World Wide Mi Communities for unique and interesting threads.

This time I've found a thread by Alber Stelar who has created this tutorial on how to implement custom watch faces on your Mi Smart Band 4. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did.

The Mi Smart Band 4 is clearly one of the best wearables out there, with millions of units sold in no time.
This time Xiaomi lets us change the Watch Face of the Mi Band and we can choose between dozens of themes (but we have to recognize that most of them, are horrible, horrendous, made for 5yrs old kids, or that's my opinion and many occidental people think the same). So a few days ago I discovered a way of changing the watch face for a custom one (or even create your own) and saw that there were no posts about it, so I'm making this post for y'all so you can customize the look of your Mi Band 4 as you like!!

INSTALL CUSTOM WATCH FACES
In the first place, I'm going to show you how to install custom watch faces that people create every day, there is this website called Amazfitwatchfaces (https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/mi-band-4/) in which users create watch faces for Xiaomi wearables, and they included a Mi Smart Band 4 section.

In the mentioned section, you can find hundreds of watch faces already made by users.
The installation process is simple and there are no risks (at least I didn't find any) and I'll explain step by step now:

• Download any .bin file for Mi Band 4 from Amazfitwatchfaces
  • Now you have to choose one of the watch faces you don't like from Mi Fit (you hate all of them, probably)
  • Sync that watch face you don't like to your Mi Band 4 (After this, a folder containing the .bin file will be created)
  • Open your phone File Explorer and go to: Internal Storage-Android-data-com.xiaomi.hm.health-files-watch_skin_local (there, there will be as many folders as watch faces you downloaded from Mi fit, these folders have a rare name like "AvJTsTaHCgM6SznmGuVSfYjjI2476KYDyu7tdfxO" these folders contain a preview image of the watch face (this way you can identify which is which), a .bin file, and an xml.
  • Now you have to move the .bin file of the custom watch face you downloaded to one of the Mi Fit watch faces folders mentioned in step 4, and rename and replace the old file with the new one (so you have to rename the new custom watch face with the same name of the old one, so we are replacing it). This way we're making Mi Fit believe that the watch face we downloaded is the Mi Fit downloaded one.
  • Now, in the Band Displays section on Mi Fit, select the Watch Face we replaced (it has the same preview picture as before) and press sync now, the new custom watch face will be applied!

THAT'S IT! SIMPLE RIGHT??

CREATE YOUR OWN WATCH FACE

This process is a bit more complicated and requires photoshop abilities, we are going to edit a watch face to our liking so the possibilities are endless.
In Amazfitwatchfaces there is a PC software available for editing this .bin files that contain our watch faces.
You can find this software in Amazfitwatcfaces site  Tools  Apps & Tools  Tools  Amazfit Tools Mi Band 4 (Windows) https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=704&p=1746

This software is a .zip file you have to extract, after that, you'll get a folder with a bunch of files and a .exe application (don't try to run it alone cause it won't do anything)

What this software does is decompress and compress the watch faces .bin files.

To edit/create a watch face:

• Find a watch face you like from the website or one of the Mi Fit ones, now, you have to open the .bin file with the .exe application, on windows you can do this by simply dragging and dropping the .bin file over the .exe app, then a window will open and you'll see logs, then a folder with the name of the .bin file will be created where the .bin file is.
  • Inside this folder, there are a ton of tiny images, these are all the elements of the watch face, along with a .json file. We are going to create our own watch face by replacing these images with the ones we want, we cannot change the name of the images cause if we do, this won't work.
  • The 0000 image is the background, this contains the steps icon and the dots that separate the hour most of the times, also battery percentage if the watch face originally had it.
  • No matter what image we replace, it has to be the same pixel size as the original.
  • Do your own magic! Create your own icons, numbers and backgrounds or replace them with others from other themes.
  • After you replaced what you wanted to change, now you have to drag and drop (or open) the .json file with the .exe application we downloaded. If we did everything right, this will create a new .bin file with the changes we made.
  • Now take that .bin file and replace it with a Mi Fit one like the section above and sync!

2019-07-16 06:08:18
Favorites17 RateRate

Wizard Bunny

daniel675 | from app

thanks for sharing
2019-07-16 13:59:35

Pro Bunny

Madmonk33 | from app

thanks for the information, when I get my mi band 4 I will try it out.
2019-07-16 15:57:54

Pro Bunny

Thunderpants | from app

Thanks interesting.
2019-07-17 00:57:34

Rookie Bunny

Markymark74 | from app

very informative
2019-07-17 04:06:32

Pro Bunny

robindel | from app

Thanks for share
2019-07-17 08:14:38

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

Thanks TheDuke, I was totally unaware this was even possible, definitely gonna have a look
2019-07-17 17:14:01

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

Thanks TheDuke, I was totally unaware this was even possible, and so easy to do

2019-07-17 17:40:04

Master Bunny

dalem | from app

nice tutorial, thank
2019-07-17 18:01:05

Pro Bunny

YuTech | from app

I'm going to give this a go. But I noticed, none of the ones I tried used a pitch black background except for the stock built in ones. I'm really after that.
2019-07-19 23:28:45

Pro Bunny

Mivste | from app

Thanks for this tutorial.
2019-07-23 17:09:59