In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Other] Mi Router R3P Pro - Died :(

2019-02-01 14:24:18
11481 13
I just received a Xiaomi router R3P PRO.
After all the configuration, all was working perfectly. Ater a couple of hours, the ligth turned to orange and now I can´t acess the router, don´t have any wi-fi signal, is like he router is death, however, the ligths are ON, the ligths on the RJ45Plug blinks when I insert a cable.
I bougth this router because I need a good product, and it only worked a couple of hours.
I tried to reset it with no sucess using this method:
1.When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp).

2.While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.

3.While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.

This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.

Can anyone please help me trying to figure out what is happening and how can I solve the problem?

Thank you all

2019-02-01 14:24:18
Favorites3 RateRate

Master Bunny

Ali G | from app

I don't know about your 30-30-30 rule but when you unplug your device from power, what is the use of keep pushing the button !!!
Just hold the reset button until the power light goes off and on then it's reset ...
If you need more help after reset, put more details on, like the color of the power light ...
Good luck ... ?
2019-02-02 11:02:39
This post was edited by 1800836148 at 09:39, Feb-08-2019

Hi,

You just need to reflash the R3P:

1) Copy the ROM (bin file) to a USB key.
Latest english ROM : miwifi_r3p_all_b9683_2.10.46_INT.bin
Latest stable ROM : miwifi_r3p_firmware_a9ffe_2.16.10.bin
The 2.16.15 can be updated online. I don't know if this one is stable or not.

2) Insert the USB key into the R3P.
3) While holding the reset button pressed, turn the power on until you see the orange light blinking.
4) Remove your paper clip and wait until you have a steady blue (or green) light.
5) Now you can configure again your R3P : http://192.168.31.1/cgi-bin/luci/web

Thanks
2019-02-02 14:48:22
Can you believe it, my brand new Xiaomi R3P has just done exactly the same thing for no apparent reason.
2019-02-12 18:09:45
Okay so I followed the instructions below as stated by the user above and its working again.

You just need to reflash the R3P:

1) Copy the ROM (bin file) to a USB key.
Latest english ROM : miwifi_r3p_all_b9683_2.10.46_INT.bin
Latest stable ROM : miwifi_r3p_firmware_a9ffe_2.16.10.bin
The 2.16.15 can be updated online. I don't know if this one is stable or not.

2) Insert the USB key into the R3P.
3) While holding the reset button pressed, turn the power on until you see the orange light blinking.
4) Remove your paper clip and wait until you have a steady blue (or green) light.
5) Now you can configure again your R3P : http://192.168.31.1/cgi-bin/luci/web
2019-02-12 18:27:32
hey there
if you can access the router via lan cable, then thats the fastest way on resetting it to factory settings
otherwise you can check www.miwifi.com for support drivers

now,my suggestion is dont update router if its working properly, sometimes the updates are the ones that mess up everything.
take it from me, im already experience on these types of gadgets, its not a phone that you want constantly updated.
2019-02-12 23:44:42

That's possibly the worst advice you can give someone i.e don't update your Routers if they work.  Allot of router manufacturers unlike Xiaomi regularly update their firmware's with security fixes, updates, bug fixes etc.

Now Xiaomi's Taiwanese international firmware for example:  A simple power outage on two occasions has resulted in the R3P router becoming corrupt and needing to be re-flashed again and again and again just to get it to work.  

Now keep in mind you cant actually power this unit down via a power button as it clearly doesn't have one nor does it have a menu shut down either so effectively every time you switch it off at the plug it could at any point become corrupt again using that firmware and Xiaomi's advice is to NOT turn off your router rather than update their routers ROM.

Its absolutely disgusting that Xiaomi developers haven't bothered to fix that issue found on miwifi_r3p_all_b9683_2.10.46_INT.  They seem to be to busy turning out new products than they do refining them and improving them software wise.

2019-02-20 17:08:20
well its not the worst advise to be honest with you,
i have no problem if you wont believe me,
but on several occassions, i messed up mine as well during updates.
now to keep it working normally without thinking of what new bugs might occur, better refrain from update, or update with risk.
no choice, the devs wont release new fw we have no choice, since they are probably supporting mi router 4 at the moment.
2019-02-20 21:58:59
Hi! I solved and revive my router followig the steps from : https://openwrt.org/toh/xiaomi/mir3

Recovering from Softbrick
If your MIR3 is soft bricked, but you have write access to the serial console, you may be able to recover.

Save kernel0.bin from here to a TFTP server (I used solarwinds for windows 10 , folder c:\TFTP-Root\ move kernel0.bin for here)
Start Solaris TFTP Server
Place the 2.11.20 (DEV rom Xiaomi) you will rename for firmware.bin on a FAT32 formatted flash drive and connect it to the router
When connected on serial CP2102 remember GND to GND/ TX to RX / RX to TX crossing, after plug the power cord on device.
Boot the router and select option 1 “Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.”
Set an IP for the router and enter the IP of the TFTP server
Enter the name of the file ( kernel0.bin )
Wait for it to reboot
It will print something like the following - press and hold reset unitl the LED flashes orange and it will revert back to stock:
[    4.550000] Check for USB recovery...
[    4.580000] Both systems are corrupted... Entering recovery mode
starting pid 81, tty '': '/etc/rcS'
Press reset button to enter USB recovery
- In this moment, a red light is flashing, that pressing and holding reset button for 3 seconds, will change light to orange flashing - Wait for automatic flashing start - Continue on putty terminal console - Pressing enter for entering root@XiaoQiang:/# (thanks god!)

Enjoy
2019-09-10 14:27:47
My R3p just died when iit got power after a power outage. No LAN or wifi access just Yellow light is glowing. I tried to reflash the firmware via USB and Reset push, But nothing helps Flash seems successful but after reboot, it remains and only yellow light is growing continuously and no access to router via LAN or wifi.

Can someone help how to use UART on this router for recovery or any other suggestion to try out?
2019-11-19 09:50:27
Thanks,
Vi

Rookie Bunny

moblue289 | from MI 9

guys. my mi router 4a was shut down during update. now only orange light works and no internet or wifi. please help me
2020-04-24 15:07:43