In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Pad 4

[Tips] Instructions: Change android language with MoreLocale 2 without root

2018-10-17 04:22:46
51430 11
This post was edited by 1575090089 at 09:22, Oct-17-2018

I saw some people complaining about the waiting time to unlock the bootloader and wanted to change the language of the apps. There is an easy way to change the app language with MoreLocale2. Didn't saw the instructions in the forum, this is way I want to share.

MoreLocale2 is only able to change the language of the apps. The system language and settings are still in the source language. Something can not afford an app.

1. First, download the Minimal ADB package from XDA-Developers and install it on your Windows desktop PC or laptop. If you have problems with minimal ADB package. Use Universal ADB Driver.
  1. <b>Minimal ADB package</b> forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
  2. or
  3. <b>UniversalADBDriver</b> download.clockworkmod.com/test/UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi
Copy the Code
2. Download the MoreLocale 2 app from the Google Play Store
  1. <b>MoreLocale2</b> play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale
Copy the Code
(With root: 3. If you already have root privileges on your device, changing the language is easy. Install the MoreLocale 2 from the Play Store and start the app. Select the desired language. Accepts the root rights with the following query. Completly finished!

3. Without root: Unfortunately, this is not so easy without root privileges, because by default you do not have permission to change the language on the device.  But this is possible via a small detour via the ADB shell.  
  • Minimal ADB and the drivers for the device are installed
  • You need to unlock the developer settings on your device.
  • Then you activate in the "developer options" the USB debugging .
  • Start the mini ADB or Fastboot as admin
  • Your device is connected to the PC via USB cable
  • Wait for the driver installation to complete, if not already done
  • In the console window, enter the command: adb devices   (Now you have to allow USB debugging for the connected PC on the device!)   Then the answer should be a "number" + "device".
  • If you come in response "unauthorized" you have no real connection to your device.  This can have several causes, such as driver is not installed correctly, cable is defective or not the original cable used (always best to use the original). With some cheap cables there are also some problems here.
      Alternatively, you can also try to open the developer options again and turn off the USB debugging (device stays on the PC)
      then you type a little deeper on "delete USB debug permissions" (Revoke USB ...)
      turns USB debugging back on and confirms the input on the device "Allow USB debugging for the connected PC"
      If you're using adb devices again in the console, your device should also be recognized
4. Now you enter the command adb shell
5. Last you enter the decisive command:
  pm grant jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
6. Start now the MoreLocale 2 app again or if the app is still open you can see a list of the language and simply type in the desired language
7. If the desired language is not included or does not work tap on " Custom Locale " and enter the ISO Codes or select it via the ISO button
8. Finished

2018-10-17 04:22:46
Favorites6 RateRate

Master Bunny

Qizhe Huang | from app

Great tutorial, that will help many! Thanks for your time making this.

Regards
2018-10-29 08:54:23

Rookie Bunny

1595607812 | from app

Thanks
2018-10-29 09:32:50

Pro Bunny

M0J0 | from app

thanks, will try this
2018-11-05 13:57:13

Wizard Bunny

MadMan_x | from app

thanks for sharing
2018-11-27 18:21:16

Thank you !
I installed with adb (without root)
After each reboot, i must select again the right language ..... Do you have a solution ?
Thanks !
2018-12-08 15:30:43

Rookie Bunny

1575090089 Author |

Didn't had this problem. With reboot I always had my language.
My Mipad is now unlocked and on a different ROM, so I don't need the workaround anymore.
2018-12-09 09:31:03

Rookie Bunny

539309333 | from app

期待国际版
2019-03-11 22:16:09

Rookie Bunny

1639340498 | from app

Is there a similar app for per app language setting?
2020-01-24 18:48:35
What happens if the language is not natively included in the original Rom, is the app can still add it? Slope unblocked is a 3D game that takes you into a real virtual world.
2022-03-30 00:39:11
The cheap writers also gave plagiarised or refreshed essays that don't work in universities. They might also fail to lawreacher reviews or deliver late, which can determine the student's final grades. So even if a budget is a constraint, it is always wise to avoid investing money in cheap essay writing services
2022-04-13 16:14:35