In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips and Tricks

[Tips & Tutorials] Unable to Receive Mi Cloud Account SMS Verification Code

2016-10-30 06:39:02
22539 81
Unable to Receive Mi Cloud Account SMS Verification Code Fix 1According to a major portion of users who have had this problem about failing to receive SMS verification code to activate their Mi Cloud account, accessing Mi Cloud via a specific link https://i.mi.com/?_locale=zh_CN to change the language of the page to Chinese did work for them.

This method was originally provided by users from Xiaomi MiUi forum which claimed to have solved their problems of not being able to receive the Mi cloud verification code via SMS when they try to sign in on their PC. After changing the Mi Cloud page to Chinese, they can then receive the SMS verification code normally.

By going through the link provided above, the entire page will be translated into Chinese. Upon receiving your SMS verification code, you can convert it back to English by accessing to this link https://i.mi.com/?_locale=en_US.

Fail to Receive Mi Cloud Account Verification Code via SMS Fix 2How I actually successfully receive the verification code is by doing nothing and waited for 2 days. As suggested by official Mi support, there may be network issues at their end and you should wait for some time before trying again.

So, how long should you wait? It depends. It can be 5 minutes or up to a few days. For my case, I have tried all the possible solutions but nothing actually works for me. After 2 days when I try the verification again, it worked this time and I got the SMS code.
It’s also worth noting that newly created Mi account and newly bought or activated device will have some sort of buffer time before things would go well such as your Google play account and Mi account sign in. Just give it some time and try again later.

Other Possible Causes for Failing to Receive Mi Verification CodeYour cellular network think the SMS is a spam and attempted to block it. Check with your Telco provider to see if they are blocking it. This can be very troublesome as you will have to call your Telco provider but it could really be the issue.
Your phone antivirus, security app or other similar apps think the SMS is a Spam. Check all your security apps to see if they are blocking any incoming SMS. Do check the default MiUi security app as it also have a feature to automatically block malicious SMS.

Use other verification method as suggested in the verification form when you can’t receive verification code. Simply click on the manual verification link and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the verification. This may take some time and effort as it needs several info of your device and past account’s activities.

Check if you are accessing to the correct URL. To access to Mi Cloud, you should only be going to either of these links: i.mi.com or mi.com/micloud.
Check if your phone number (or email) is correct. A device has to be binded with a phone number to be able to use Mi Cloud. Make sure the phone number match the one you are using to receive the SMS verification code.
2016-10-30 06:39:02
Favorites10 RateRate
must replie to see the thread
2016-11-02 15:44:31

Rookie Bunny

1586880537 | from mobile

2016-11-06 09:25:20
I bought mi4i last year in Singapore during my vacation and accidentally filled in my prepaid sim card number as recovery phone number. So right now if i want to change something, i cant be able to receive sms verification code and also can't add my new number. I m waiting in vain for great support and help from MI Customer Support Team.
2016-11-07 08:58:02
oh yeah! looking for it for too long
2016-11-07 09:06:50
How How help needed
2016-11-16 08:09:44
Need help in this topic
2016-11-16 10:15:46

I'm having the same issue with you. Tried contact xiaomi through email and they sent me here which is still not helpful.. If someone can help us. Please help.
2016-11-16 10:19:18
Where is the info?
2016-11-24 08:58:24

Rookie Bunny

460566415 | from app

:)  nice
2016-12-10 08:15:41
reply~
2016-12-14 00:59:21