In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Xiaomi

[Rumours] Xiaomi Cars ???

2018-10-22 01:57:55
2469 12

Hi Everyone,

Just seen this beautiful car on the way into work in the car park. And it got me thinking will our beloved brand ever manufacturer cars?!?!

I think in about 15 years yeah why not, they already partner up with great start ups to expand their product range so it wouldn't surprise me if they did. And it would have a cool name " Mi Car ". The day I see Jeremy Clarkson babble about the new Mi Car I think I'll just die inside with laughter.....

Interested to get your thoughts on this so feel free to vote or comment.
Single Poll thread Total 11 Users Voted

72.73% (8)

27.27% (3)
Submit
2018-10-22 01:57:55
Favorites1 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Nofaddey Author | from app

Oops forgot to include the all important Xiaomi device shout out. The picture above was taken with a MI5s :D (not the one of Jeremy)  
2018-10-22 02:25:28
Hi Nofaddey!

Much as the import phone industry got off the ground making blatant copies of established phone designs, there is a fascinating selection of Chinese cars which are more than a little 'inspired' by motors we'd recognise. There are some pretty hilarious examples in the links below.

link 1
link 2

Having said that, I quite like the look of the Zotye SR9 :-D

Whether Xiaomi will actually look to produce a car themselves is an interesting question. I think 'why not'? - they make pretty much everything else, make it well, cut no corners and don't set out to rip off the consumer, so I'd welcome a Mi Mobile!
2018-10-22 12:00:16
SirLukas

Pro Bunny

SirLukas
Hi Nofaddey!

Much as the import phone industry got off the ground making blatant copies of establis ...

Hi SirLukas, very interesting articles, thanks for the input on this thread. Youxia Ranger X the Tesla copy looks cool nothing wrong with having a car named knight rider in Chinese lol.
2018-10-22 12:24:00
I really can't see them doing what we recognise now as a car, as the category is getting rather obsolete. Some sort of group transportation automated hub, maybe...
2018-12-21 03:38:49
i cant see them making cars, but i can see them making smart devices for vehicles.
after all Alexa enabled cars are out there, as well are gadgets that make any car Alexa enabled.
it doesnt take much to hook up a device to tack a car and open the garage door or put the kettle on when it knows youve pulled up on the drive.

so personally i can see Xiaomi partnering with a car manufacturer very soon
2018-12-21 15:01:08

Mi Influencer

GunplaMad | from app

I think Xiaomi will be the first to make a electric car in China, but I don't think it will see the light of day outside of China because of the costs and the car industry will still push back on tech companies.
2018-12-22 02:15:30

Pro Bunny

Xiaomi announces partnership with bestune. To make Xiaomi SUV. called it here first folks :p
2019-04-05 06:41:21
Nofaddey replied at 2019-04-05 11:41:21
Xiaomi announces partnership with bestune. To make Xiaomi SUV. called it here first folks :p

what are tonight's Euromillion numbers? PM me please!
2019-04-05 07:12:43
SirLukas

Pro Bunny

SirLukas
what are tonight's Euromillion numbers? PM me please!

looool :')
2019-04-05 07:15:24
How reliable are these cars? I would like to try, but I'm afraid that I will have to seek help from auto accident lawyer Bronxr in order not to have problems proving my innocence. What if the quality of the car will affect the fact that I get into an accident? Who can share reviews?
2021-12-30 01:40:36