In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Flashing Guide

[Guide] How to Re-lock Bootloader of Any Xiaomi Devices without Flashing

2018-07-16 14:24:21
8251 4

Hello Mi Fans!
With queries from lot of users on how to unlock the bootloader here is a simple tutorial that you can perform if you feel that you have installed and discovered your desired ROM and now you want to re-lock your bootloader.

This method of unlocking bootloader will give you quite flexibility because you really don't need to perform the official flashing.

Prerequisites:

(For this tutorial I am using Minimal ADB and Fastboot v1.4, Windows 10 Pro and my Xiaomi Mi 5)

Warning!
My humble request to all of you, please don't try to lock your bootloader if you have installed TWRP or any custom recovery. It might cause unrecoverable hard brick, as I don’t take any responsibility if you do anything wrong in this process.

Now don’t waste your time and let's start without getting late!

1. Configure ADB Binary or Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Download ADB.zip or Minimal ADB and Fastboot from here and extract it to any folder in your PC. (For Minimal ADB and Fastboot, you will need to install the .exe setup file.)
ADB.zip (4.49 MB, Downloads: 52)
minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.3_setup.zip (1003.62 KB, Downloads: 41)
2. Install the USB drivers (Skip if you already installed).

How to Enable Developer Mode:
1. Open "Settings".
2. Go to "About phone".
3. Tap on "MIUI version" 6-7 times.
4. Hurrah! Now you are a Developer.

How to Check My Current Bootloader Status from My Phone:
1. Open "Settings".
2. Now from "Settings" go to "Additional settings".
3. Then go to "Developer options".
4. Then go to "Mi Unlock status".
5. From here you can see the current bootloader status of your phone.

Steps to Enable USB Debugging:
1. From "Additional settings" go to "Developer options".
2. Enable "USB Debugging" from here.
3. Tap on "OK".

How to Lock Bootloader:
1. After enabling USB Debugging Mode boot your device into Fastboot Mode (First switch off your device then boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down (-) + Power Button simultaneously or use ADB commands if you're an advanced user.)
2. Now connect your device to your PC via original Mi USB Cable.
3. If you have installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup then simply open it from your installed directory or if you are using ADB Binarry then click on the address/location bar as shown in the screenshot.
4. Type "CMD" and hit ENTER key from your keyboard.

5. Now enter the following command in the command prompt window which will show the serial number of your device and status of connection.

(From here I will use Minimal ADB and Fastboot, you can use ADB Binary also)
fastboot devices

From here also you can check your device status. Just simply enter following command in the command prompt window. If your bootloader is unlocked, you'll get the following status as shown in the below screenshot.
fastboot oem device-info

6. Now if you want to lock your bootloader again simply type the command below and press ENTER!
fastboot oem lock

Yippee!!! Your bootloader is now locked...

7. Now again enter the following command and see the result
fastboot oem device-info

8. Finally enter the following command to reboot your device
fastboot reboot

FAQ:
Q. Is there no chances to re-lock my bootloader if I have installed custom recovery?
A.Yes, you can but you will need to flash stock Mi Recovery zip via your custom recovery. Bootloaders should always be locked with stock recoveries.

That's all for today, see you again with another interesting tutorial. Hope you all like this thread. If you have any queries, you can ask me in the comments section, I will try to answer them...

Thread credit goes to MiAkash
2018-07-16 14:24:21
Favorites1 RateRate

Bryan_Fury | from app

interesting blog
2018-07-20 02:47:41
I relocked the bootloader according to your process in my Redmi Note 5 AI. But after giving the command it says "The system has been destroyed". how can I fix it? I can only access fastboot mode. I didn't have installed any custom rom or twrp in my phone. Now how can I access to my phone?
2020-05-02 13:54:50
1843691059 replied at 2020-05-02 19:54:50
I relocked the bootloader according to your process in my Redmi Note 5 AI. But after giving the command it says "The system has been destroyed". how can I fix it? I can only access fastboot mode. I didn't have installed any custom rom or twrp in my phone. Now how can I access to my phone?

Hi! In my personal experience, that happened when I tried to lock the bootloader on a custom rom. You automatically destroy the system image when you try to lock the bootloader on a non-stock ROM. So probably you had one of those at the moment.

For the future bootloader lockings, I suggest you to do a more simple procedure : just connect the phone in fastboot mode with a stock rom and open bootloader, open the CMD Windows Console, find the directory where you installed Fastboot, and give the console the command line : "fastboot oem lock". Easy as that.
2021-07-04 11:37:13
I'm sorry to inform you that the Mi Unlock app is no longer available for download. However, it should be possible to re-lock bootloader on Xiaomi devices without flashing using other methods. check this online resume service tutorial will show you how to do this by taking advantage of "fastboot oem lock" command which locks the bootloader again while keeping your data intact.
2021-11-06 02:15:52