Full-screen display smartphones, including18:9 aspect ratio display is the latest trends right now. Imagine you are holding a screen in your hand which takes up almost the entire front surface, provide a much larger viewing area compared with traditional 16:9 screen displays.
This gives a better user experience whether users are reading news, editing spreadsheets, or playing games on a smartphone. Recently, we've added a new feature called "Full Screen Gestures" which can be used to replace the traditional navigation buttons in full-screen display devices..
List of Devices Supported- Mi MIX/ MIX 2/ Redmi 5/ Redmi 5 Plus/ Redmi Note 5 (Pro)/ and upcoming full-screen display devices.- Full Screen Gestures is present in latest China Developer/ Global Beta ROM (8.3.1) or MIUI 9.5 and above.
How to Enable Full-Screen Gestures?- Go to Settings - Full Screen Display- Select Full Screen Gestures- Run through the tutorial once, start using it!
In the newly introduced full screen gestures,
avatar.png (4.26 KB, Downloads: 9)
2018-03-11 00:55:39 Upload
i. if you want to go back to the Home screen, you can simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen instead of the pressing a home button.
avatar.png (4.7 KB, Downloads: 8)
2018-03-11 00:56:12 Upload
ii. Swiping from the bottom of the screen and then pause, you will find that Recent apps will be displayed.
avatar.png (4.65 KB, Downloads: 8)
2018-03-11 00:56:23 Upload
iii. And if you'd like to Back to the previous page, all you have to do is simply swipe from the left or right from the edge of the screen.
avatar.png (6.72 KB, Downloads: 8)
2018-03-11 00:57:03 Upload
iv. Some apps have their own features when performing gestures from the left or right from the screen (Instagram, Facebook & more). Isn't this gesture same as "Go Back"? Need not worry, swipe left or right from the top edge of the screen in the top area to trigger app's action
Frequently Asked Questions1. Where is the hide navigation button option?We've introduced Full Screen Gestures which replaced the on-screen navigation buttons, therefore this setting is removed from the ROM.
2. Can we expect this feature to be implemented in non-full screen devices too?We don't have such plan for the time being. There are still tons of work in optimizing this feature, we might consider your request in the future.
3. How do we access the shortcuts which we've assigned earlier with the navigation button? (such as long pressing the Home on the lock screen to turn on torch)The Full Screen Gestures will hide all the navigation keys automatically. If you're relying on a specific function or shortcut a lot, use the traditional on-screen button would be the best solution.
4. Can we still use quick ball function?Yes, of course.
5. Why sometimes I need to perform double swipe in full-screen mode?There are times when user swipes up unintentionally, especially when playing a game, or trying to swipe up other panels in apps. Thus, in some scenes such as playing games or watching video in full screen, gestures need to be double swipe to take effect.
6. How to check back the Full Screen Gesture tutorial?You can find the gestures demo in Settings - Full screen Display
Hope you will enjoy the new gestures: Please leave your feedback
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .