In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[ROM] ALL ABOUT XIAOMI ROMS.

2018-02-13 09:33:55
3266 10
Hello MI Fans,

As everyone knows xiaomi smartphone getting popular day by day due to its miui features and budget price, but xiaomi smartphone users always get confused to it's rom due to in sufficient knowledge. Today i will discuss here all about xiaomi roms. So let's get start.

You already know MIUI is developed on stock android. MIUI ROMs are too famous because it gives more customization options for users. In short, MIUI Pick features from Android and IOS. Analysis them and add in MIUI. MIUI gives ultimate power to your device.Many Mi fans work for testing these ROMs in beta phase. In developer ROMs you receive weekly updates in your Xiaomi Devices and in stable rom you receive monthly or over updates in your device.

MIUI ROM VERSIONS(region).

1: China rom (china only)

2: Global rom(all other countries)

CHINA ROM.

China ROMs are specially developed for China country and Global ROMs for all other countries. A major difference in both ROMs is Google services. Google service's are not available in China. So in the Chinese ROM version, you don’t get Google Playstore applications and many another google service would not available by default in China version. So if you flash Chinese version in your Xiaomi device then definitely you face google services error in your Xiaomi mobile.You also face Chinese language many times during daily usages.

GLOBAL ROM.

As the name define global,In the Global ROM, All things are designed for global user's. Because xiaomi knows outside the China, no one can survive without Google and its services like Play store, Google play services, Google Drive, Gmail, google Cloud Sync, Google music etc this list never end. Because Google plays a very important role in users daily life.After choosing the region you will get two more options in MIUI ROMs. In the MIUI community, many user's are addicted to new updates. some user's want stability in their phones or some user's want weekly update and test new features. For all the user's Xiaomi offers MIUI ROM in two variants developer rom and stable rom.Both ROMs are by default available for every Xiaomi smartphone and You can easily transfer any rom anytime by used fast boot method with flashing guide.

DEVELOPER ROM.

If you are friendly with ROM flashing and addicted to test new features before others.Then Developer ROM perfectly suitable for you. In the developer ROM, you receive weekly updates but every good thing have own disadvantage. If you are useing developer ROM then get ready to tolerate any bugs or misbehave with your smartphone because you receive weekly updates there are chances to get bugs then you find  out the bugs in MIUI and report to Developer through MIUI forum bug center. So the developers will rectify that particular bug in their next updates. If you are using Developer ROM then you must know about Mi flash, Mi Recovery, Wipe cache, Wipe reset, Updates and others functions you should know for handle any misbehaving state in your smartphone.

STABLE ROM.
Stable rom is suitable for those user's who wants stability in their phones. A stable release of MIUI gets slow update as i described above because Xiaomi test all features on Developer ROMs when they fully satisfied with the result and stability then they roll out for public these updates in Stable ROM. If you are using stable ROM then there are less chances to get any misbehavior due to all functions are already tested on Developer ROMs. That’s why the slower get updates in MIUI Stable rom.
After read all above details now you familiar what is china and global version and Developer and stable rom, but but story is not over yet something is more from miui team is called recovery rom and fastboot rom, get confused... lolllzzzz okk let's i describe.
What is recovery rom.
If you want to normally update your xiaomi device then you should choose Recovery ROM. There is no question why you choose Recovery ROM. Because through the help of recovery ROM you can easily update miui rom Just download the recovery ROM from official website or any other trusted source and open updater app and give the ROM path for manual update.Your work will be done after pass some process.
What is fastboot rom.
Fastboot ROMs only helpful when your Xiaomi device sometimes stuck at Mi log or during restart due to wrong ROM installed you face bootloop in your device. in all these cases Fastboot ROM helpful for you and you need a Computer/Laptop to flash Fastboot ROMs in your device. Mi Flash is officially provided from Xiaomi for ROM flashing in your Devices.

After read all above details we hope you are fully familiar with xiaomi roms and version, we love to hear your comments below about this thread.
2018-02-13 09:33:55
Favorites2 RateRate

Pramod1988 | from Mi A1

Thanks for sharing such useful info.
2018-02-13 09:56:32
Pramod Kumar

Bryan_Fury | from app

that's a great info.
2018-02-13 10:43:47

Master Bunny

R1y4z | from Redmi Note 4X

detailed thread about miui roms,
thanks for sharing
2018-02-14 10:55:35

Master Bunny

babuarif | from Redmi Note 4

Thanks for sharing...
2018-02-15 15:17:08
Thanks for sharing such useful info.
Great!
2018-02-16 03:30:02

Rookie Bunny

Beshoy R Mansour | from Redmi 5 Plus

Thank you for your useful information and i want to know how could I install developer Rom on my xiaomi redmi 5 plus
2018-03-17 03:20:21

Rookie Bunny

197503Soeyarzar | from mobile

Global rom(all other countries)
2018-03-21 14:48:45

Sea Rider Author | from Redmi Note 4

197503Soeyarzar
Global rom(all other countries)

yeah global rom design for all other countries.
2018-03-21 14:57:10

Rookie Bunny

Mary Jane | from Redmi 5 Plus

hello I'm a new user of Xiaomi redmi 5 plus... I bought just yesterday.. so far so good
2018-04-16 03:29:19

Sea Rider Author | from Redmi Note 4

Mary Jane
hello I'm a new user of Xiaomi redmi 5 plus... I bought just yesterday.. so far so good

Thank you for be a part of xiaomi user.
2018-04-16 03:51:38