!privacy_agreement!
!privacy_agree!

Mi News

[News] Xiaomi Deletes Twitter Poll when more people prefer Android One over MIUI

2018-02-12 01:39:01
341 7
Hi there, Mi Colleagues!

This is very interesting news. Someone from Mi Admin can confirm this. Though it looks real.

MIUI is the heavily modified Android version that Xiaomi releases all of their phones (except for the Xiaomi Mi A1) with. While you would expect many of Xiaomi’s mainstream consumer base to be fans of MIUI over stock Android, it seems that a large number of Xiaomi customers actually prefer Android One over MIUI, at least according to a now deleted poll posted by the official Xiaomi Twitter account.

Note: This is not my phone nor my Tweeter account cuz I don't have one (^=^).

Users were asked to vote for their preferred Android software experience between MIUI 9 or Android One. It’s likely that the social media team behind the Twitter account misread their own audience, and as a result, it backfired hilariously. Companies often do this, as it shows off their reputation and can even convince consumers interested in their products to buy them if they see fan polls go well. However, shortly after the tweet went live, it was deleted when 57% out of approximately 15,000 voters voted in favor of Android One over MIUI 9. Oops.

If I'm given a chance, I will vote for Android One too! This is one of the big factors I bought this MiA1. Although I also like MiUI, I will cross the bridge when the 2 year promised of Xiaomi to provide Stock android get there... (^=^)

My big question now is why Xiaomi needs to delete it when this was their initiative in the first place? Why waste time and effort of Mi admin to set this up and waste users' to vote. User's valuable intention to participate in voting are just...wasted.

Source:
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-deletes-twitter-poll-android-one-miui/

2018-02-12 01:39:01
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Kerk Lik Christopher | from Redmi Note 3

( ̄ー ̄)ニヤリ @Bamboo I like MIUI9 a lot, let me vote one (__)
2018-02-12 04:05:59

Master Bunny

Chinito Author | from Mi A1

Kerk Lik Christopher
( ̄ー ̄)ニヤリ @Bamboo I like MIUI9 a lot, let me vote one (__)

I know you will vote for MiUI bro, hehe. The voting is over bro no no vote for MiUI anymore LOL. Lets ask Mi Comm to repeat the voting haha
2018-02-12 04:36:13

Master Bunny

Chinito
I know you will vote for MiUI bro, hehe. The voting is over bro no no vote for MiUI anymore LOL. L ...

(._.)... oh no...
2018-02-12 04:49:43

Master Bunny

Kerk Lik Christopher
(._.)... oh no...

hehehehe.... (°=°)
2018-02-12 05:21:33
wa this is so bad, trying to hide the true fact that android one is better than MIUI? i think apple and orange la, no need compare, the customisable nature of MIUI is so nice
2018-02-12 19:59:30

Master Bunny

wa this is so bad, trying to hide the true fact that android one is better than MIUI? i think apple  ...

Agree, MiUI is one of the best heavily customized skins of Android. I think it's because of the upcoming MiUI 10 and current MiUI 9 global rollout. Xiaomi don't want to affect the way users think of MiUI and cause people to decide not buying upcoming release of Mi phones in couple of days. New phones are all MiUI yet the poll is in favor of stock Android. That poll was released not in timely manner.

These are just my assumptions hehe. I love MiUI and looking forward to get it anytime soon for MiA1.
2018-02-12 21:02:02

Master Bunny

I wonder why not Xiaomi just go for pure Android instead of MIUI?
2018-02-13 23:00:55