In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 4

[Q&A] Redmi Note 4 4/64, model 2016102 general roblems with USB connection/charging/tethering

2018-01-09 08:09:18
1666 2
Hello,
My device Redmi Note 4 is model 2016102.

I experience major problems with usb port during charging, tethering and phone recognition by the PC.

Some times everything is OK.

Some times when I connect the RN4 to the computer it starts charging but disconnects after one second, after another second it connects again, after a second again disconnects and so on.

Some times it charges from the PC and when the battery reaches 94% it stops charging. Then I can activate the USB tethering also.

For normal charging using the original power charger I use USB cable which is not a data cable. It is only for charging and then I do not have any problems for now.

I have all drivers installed on PC.
MIUI Global 9.0.5.0 (NCFMIEI)

Please advice how to solve the problem.

2018-01-09 08:09:18
Favorites RateRate

Sea Rider | from Redmi Note 4

Dear make sure anytime you need to connect your cellphone to pc usb debugging should be open in developer option and once you connect your data cable through pc don't chose chargeing option, make sure choose file transfer option and it's not recommend to charge your device through pc, because pc has only 1 ampare output current so it will Take long time to charge your device, you can note that...
2018-01-09 08:43:54

Advanced Bunny

fantoms Author |

Can I use "USB tethering" function if I select "File transfer" in USB options?
2018-01-09 10:10:55