!privacy_agreement!
!privacy_agree!

Mi Pad

[Tips] Unbrick Your Completely Dead Mi Pad With No Fastboot/Recovery

2016-10-27 04:28:06
7063 27
Unbrick Your Completely Dead Mi Pad With No Fastboot/Recovery
Hi Friends!
There are few threads about this with their own experience and methods. Today I am sharing this thread about how to recover your Mi Pad 1 with no fastboot, no recovery, and blank screen, not able to connect bypc, nothing even not charging.

Actually there are lots of thread about device bricking by wrong key press in superuserSU app. So I decided to test it personally. I flashed the superuserSU by mi recovery and after reboot I select TWRP/CWM key to install su binary, SU ask to reboot, I click on that my device rebooted and Mi Logo Appear once and then LoL..It’s stuck on blank screen I tried to power off but notwork. Device become fully dead with no fastboot, no recovery, and blank screen, not able to connect by pc, nothing even not charging.

So I decided to Unscrew my device, but it’s very hard Xiaomi pack there devices very carefully. Recover my device without unscrew it.
** Warning **
Even i tested this personally but please use this on your own risk.

So let’s start. I'll tell you how to recover but for this you have very cool mind and lot's of patience.
First get ready.
I use Windows 10, windows 8.1 + recommended.
But you can use any windows which support MiFlash..
(1) Download this version of miflash because latest miflash has some issue with Mi Pad 1.
(2) Download a fastboot rom.
(3) Follow this thread an disable Windows Signature Enforcement.
(4)Take a Copper wire and fold in u shape and fold both edge.
As like in image (it's 0.5 mm CU wire which is easily available you can take other size or other metal but be sure is able to insert in your sd card slot after folding edges.)
I choose this because this is easily available in home and very good conductor connection too.
Now please wait until your device charging reduced ~ 30% charged if full charge then normally it takes about 10 hours, this is not important step but because we are making short circuit and I read somewhere to remove battery so this recommended. (Please wait for safety )
(In my personal test my device is charged ~ 60 % and I flashed it after 5 hours from bricking and I have no issue)
Now remove your back cover of Mi Pad! (No need to unscrew just remove white back cover)
Now take a torch and see inside sd card slot.

You can see to squire point there.
Now open your MIflash in computer/Laptop.
And extract fastboot folder on your desktop.

Go to browse on MIflash and select your images folder inside extracted fastboot rom.
Connect your device with data cable..
Click on refresh on miflash.
Check if your device there if not then follow these steps. (Keep connected your device with data cable )
Make a short circuit between two points inside sd card slot..
Keep trying until you get a plugin sound from your computer.(This may take more than 50 times but if you are lucky then get success in few attempt)
If sound comes then click refresh on MIflash.
You can see your device there just click on flash.
It takes ~60 seconds
Now remove copper wire and flash your device again.
Now your device will reboot and enjoy again your Mi Pad.
You have done...
If any issue feel free to connect me…

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +10 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-10-27 04:28:06
Favorites7 RateRate
Edited by Gagzz at 2016-10-27 06:49 PM

Hey there,
Thanks for sharing the thread. Really appreciate your efforts for helping out others.
I checked the source link you've provided and found out that It's your own threads only. No need to give Source then, remove it please :)
Also, Kindly edit the thread and Remove the information about your telegram group as it's an unapproved group by officials. Hence, you can't promote your own unofficial group on forum.Just a Suggestion : Try to make uae of hyperlinks rather than dropping the links as it is. Do the needful and edit the thread.

I hope you would understand the best and deal accordingly :)
Thanks Again
Regards
Gagzz
2016-10-27 06:16:11
When Curiosity Meets Knowledge, Innovation is Born!!
Photography Section Mod | Lead Photography Team and Club | Mi Pad Mod
Edited by RahulTheVirus! at 2016-10-28 12:10 AM
Gagzz replied at 2016-10-27 06:46 PM
Hey there,
Thanks for sharing the thread. Really appreciate your efforts for helping out others.
I c ...

Hi
  Thanks for info! I never want to break rules thats only for online support anyway.
I removed telegram group but i just leave the source , coz i am not always avalible here!
Thanks!
2016-10-27 11:38:11
Need Help by me => Telegram @MiPad1
wow...very nice thread
2016-10-27 22:26:03
Vivek

Semi Pro Bunny

Dev1433 | from app

bro just remove battery and connect with volume key worked in all snapdragon phone and pc recognised it as Qualcomm 9008...
2016-10-28 08:26:50

Semi Pro Bunny

Dev1433 | from app

only you install the correct driver then flash with mi flash...
2016-10-28 08:27:39
    ...  ....,..  :
2016-10-29 02:35:41
Edited by RahulTheVirus! at 2016-10-31 06:41 AM
1610871248 replied at 2016-10-28 08:56 PM
bro just remove battery and connect with volume key worked in all snapdragon phone and pc recognised ...

Sorry to say but please note that MiPad1 is not a SD device ..It's on Nvidia K1 tegra processer..
But thanks for info.
2016-10-30 18:08:12
1610871248 replied at 2016-10-28 08:57 PM
only you install the correct driver then flash with mi flash...

What you are saying is a normal flashing method ..
It is applicable only when you have fastboot access...
2016-10-30 18:10:46

Semi Pro Bunny

Dev1433 | from app

ok bro for sharing info...
2016-10-30 23:00:43

Semi Pro Bunny

Dev1433 | from app

abhi tak mere paas koi mi pad repair ke liye nahi aaya so mujhe laga ki usme bhi sd processor hoga...
2016-10-30 23:08:23