In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Xiaomi 12 Series

[Review] Xiaomi 12 Lite - The Most Stylish Smartphone

2022-07-14 01:49:11
16794 33

Hello Mi Fans

Andrei here and today I want to share with you my review of the new Xiaomi Mi 12 Lite.
A phone that impressed me from the moment I took it out of the box and saw how light and thin it is.
I really like the color. It’s a very interesting lite green color with reflections of purple and orange.
This color makes me think of summer.

Before going into more details I will leave here some more important specifications:
- 6.55-inch AMOLED display with 2400 × 1080 pixel resolution, 1B colors, 120Hz refresh rate, 20: 9 aspect ratio,  brightness up to 950 nits;
- octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G  5G processor developed on 6nm,  6/8 GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128 GB / 256 UFS 2.2 storage;
- Android 12 with MIUI 13;
- Wi-Fi direct, dual-band, bluetooth 5.2, USB Type-C, NFC, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC and BDS on the location side, In-Display Fingerprint sensor, infrared port, stereo speakers;
- 108 MP sensor, f / 1.9, PDAF,  8 MP , f / 2.2 ultra-wide at 120 degrees, 2 MP f / 2.4 macro, 4K filming at 30 fps + 32 MP front camera, f / 2.5, AF, records at 1080p at 60 fps;
- 4300 mAh with 67W turbo charge and 7.3 mm thick & 173 g;
- Price is around 440 $.

At the top is the infrared sensor, speaker and the microphone that cancel the background noise.

At the bottom is the speaker, Type-C charging port, microphone and SIM card slot.
The rear camera module is similar to the Mi 12.
It has these flat edges that look very good and also offer a better grip.

The back of the phone is made of plastic with a matte look and this gives it a premium look and also helps to reduce fingerprints.

On the display side Xiaomi Mi 12 Lite is very good. It has a 6.55 inches diagonal AMOLED screen with 120Hz that feels smooth like a highway.
What I find interesting is how Xiaomi managed to make this phone with a diagonal of 6.55 inches and be so light at the same time (173 g). It’s so light you cand blow it.

And at this thickness of only 7.3mm you can play fruit ninja in real life.

Another cool thing are the frames which are quite thin and with a good symmetry.
It has IP53 certification that offers splashing and dust resistance.

With HDR 10+ and 1B colors on the video playback side it looks great. The contrast is good and the colors look vivid and saturated.
The screen is lit and you will not have problems watching even in the sun.
If you like to spend a lot of time on YouTube or watch movies on your phone Xiaomi 12 Lite is suitable for this.
In terms of cameras, in the back it has a triple camera with a module similar to the one on Mi 12.
108 MP main camera, an 8 MP ultrawide camera and a 2MP macro camera.
Can shoot 4k at 30fps.

In good light conditions it handles very well. The exposure is good but I noticed that it can differ from one picture to another. Many details are captured.
In low light conditions the background noise is controlled quite well.
The colors are very nice, sometimes too saturated but I personally don't consider it a problem.

Autofocus works very well.
Skin tones are generally pleasant and natural.
In portrait mode the subject separation from the background is precise. In some cases when the background is quite loaded you can see some small depth estimation artefacts.
A very cool thing is that after taking a picture in portrait mode you can change the level of blur.

The 108 MP camera captures a lot of details and you can crop a picture without losing details, which means you have a lot of freedom to choose the perfect composition.

The 8MP ultrawide camera captures decent pictures. The level of detail is lower, but this is normal. Instead, I like that it manages not to distort the edges of the picture very much.

The night mode captures many details and the background noise is reasonable. The beams of light are captured very well, without being magnified too much. The focus is good.

The front camera is 32 MP, f /2.5. Selfies are very detailed and natural. Colors are not forced.
In portrait mode the subject separation from the background impressed me. It is also very good when the background is quite loaded.
One cool thing is that on the selfie camera it has dual LEDs. For selfies in low light conditions.
It also has Autofocus and Eye tracking focus and besides that you can even zoom in selfie mode.

Conclusion

Xiaomi 12 lite is a phone that looks very good and has style. It is very thin and light and sits comfortably in the hand. The screen is a high quality one and with the SD778G processor it is not inferior even in terms of gaming. Is compatible with Wi-Fi 6.From cameras point of view, I could say that it ranks in the top phones in its price segment.
I hope you enjoyed and find this helpful.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
See you next time!

2022-07-14 01:49:11
Favorites27 RateRate

Resource Team

Fatih Yusuf | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Thanks for sharing ❤️
2022-07-14 06:23:40

Grand Master Bunny

RichG | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing.
2022-07-15 19:00:27
Solid review, well done, amazing photos, thank you.
2022-07-15 20:05:49
amazing review and photos idea 💡
2022-07-15 22:51:21

Master Bunny

kraner | from app

Thanks for sharing..
2022-07-15 23:59:54

Master Bunny

Jarwin | from app

such an amazing phone!
2022-07-16 03:05:15
lovely