In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Band Series

[Q&A] How to force the Mi Smart Band 6 to recalculate stride length?

2022-06-11 23:49:36
4687 1
My Mi Smart Band 6 consistently underestimates my stride length and distance walked by 30-40%. I'm 5ft 11in tall with a stride of about 30in. Yet my Band 6 always gives my stride as 22-24in and for a 2mi measured course shows only 1.5mi walked. I've tried to fix this by: setting my height to several values from below 5ft to over 7ft, doing a band factory reset, deleting and reinstalling the Zepp Life app on my Android phone and deleting and recreating my online account. But the stride length is always stuck at 22-24in. How can I get the Band 6 to use a longer stride length? (Note that using a 3rd-party app to set stride length won't work for me if the app is required to be running on my phone while I exercise, since I don't carry my phone when I walk.)
2022-06-11 23:49:36
Favorites RateRate
It's not possible to change as the calculations are done as per defined algorithms
2022-06-15 23:09:36