In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Xiaomi 12 Series

[Review] I put my DSLR camera away

2022-05-04 15:44:11
9405 32
Hejka! Hello!

This is Matt Vott - a new Xiaomi Explorer. I'm from Poland, from the small town of Koszalin, and I've joined the group of great people that are Xiaomi Explorers. I am a graphic designer by day and my hobbies are photography and flying drones :)

Below I will describe you my experience of using the latest phone Xiaomi 12 PRO. It accompanied me in my daily work, but I also threw it in the hard test and did a fashion shoot with it - in very difficult lighting conditions! Why not!

If you want to know how it turned out, read to the end :)

The Phone

The phone surprised me very positively. Personally, I don't like big size phones and I expected such a phone looking at its specification. And here a positive surprise! Phone, despite such an excellent hardware is not a huge brick, and designed layout of the camera lenses is very comfortable and aesthetic (I was glad that it does not stick out strongly from the frame).

The materials used are very elegant and seem sturdy. Although once during the work the phone fell for me straight on the concrete (sic! I was afraid to pick it up - but fortunately even the smallest scratch), I did not conduct crash tests on it. It's too pretty :)
It fits perfectly into my elegant and minimalist taste. A really huge plus for Xiaomi for the design of this phone.

Cameras

I'm a picky user of cameras on phones, because as a semi-professional photographer I usually notice their imperfections. The Xiaomi 12 PRO again surprised me very positively. The quality of the photos is excellent - and in all three cameras!
And this is very important to me, because I often use the wide angle and tele lens interchangeably. 10/10 really huge applause how such quality managed to fit in such a small and sleek phone.

The second issue is difficult lighting conditions. Let's divide them into two:
1. night shots
2. photos against the light

Night - I couldn't believe how my Xiaomi performed at night! Not only did it catch focus quickly (important!), but the quality wasn't compromised and the photos didn't have visible noise like on most other photos from other phones.

Under the low-light - and here also a positive surprise. HDR mode does unheard of things, but no wonder, since even at night it works so well :)

Below the thread I attach pictures from a very difficult photo test, in an old palace where there is very little light - check and judge for yourself how it went :)

Xiaomi ProFocus

A very big advantage of the phone is also its speed. In my work it is important, I often need to be able to quickly launch the camera and take a photo or record a video for my client. Here milliseconds count, and Xiaomi 12 PRO has not yet let me down even once.
Xiaomi ProFocus also deserves a lot of praise, which copes superbly, even in very difficult lighting conditions. Nothing spoils a good photo so much as a lack of sharpness - this is out of the question here! Everything is perfect!

Photos from everyday life, work - my photoblog

Fashion shoot in very difficult light conditions:

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2022-05-04 15:44:11
Favorites12 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

RichG | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing.
2022-05-04 20:48:43

Super moderator

feds64 | from app

Lovely shots...
2022-05-04 22:07:33
Thanks for sharing.
2022-05-07 22:21:26
Wow, great photos, very nice review, thank you!
2022-05-07 23:09:39
👍
2022-05-07 23:46:18
Great work
2022-05-08 00:07:16

Semi Pro Bunny

Harri_ooo | from app

good
2022-05-08 00:53:46
Amazing!!
2022-05-08 02:40:12

Rookie Bunny