In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 11 Series

[Discussion] Charging Speeds 11T Pro

2021-12-21 20:05:33
518 6
I want to charge the phone at lesser speed and not necessarily using 120w for charging my phone how do I change the settings and use the original charger

11T Pro
2021-12-21 20:05:33
Favorites RateRate
use different charger, i have a box full of chargers, some chargers i know the power of that i have: 20W Xiaomi, 45W? Samsung, 20W? and 40W Huawei, and now this 120W beast ‍♂️

But i can't claim the phone gets too warm when using the 120W, out of curiosity i tried other chargers, and i saw something like 'quick charge' , 'turbo charge' and i think the 120W made the phone show 'super charge'.
Unfortunately the battery lasts, as expected, quite long, and so i was not able to test the charging of the phone that well.
2022-01-01 17:20:33

Rookie Bunny

MuhammadHusseinBhara Author | from mobile

Rorihunter
use different charger, i have a box full of chargers, some chargers i know the power of that i have: 20W Xiaomi, 45W? Samsung, 20W? and 40W Huawei, and now this 120W beast ‍♂️

But i can't claim the phone gets too warm when using the 120W, out of curiosity i tried other chargers, and i saw something like 'quick charge' , 'turbo charge' and i think the 120W made the phone show 'super charge'.

I am using the Samsung 25w fast charge which says quick charge and I believe that will do for me
2022-01-01 17:39:12
MuhammadHusseinBhara replied at 2022-01-01 10:39:12
I am using the Samsung 25w fast charge which says quick charge and I believe that will do for me

honestly, most ppl who did buy this phone, bought it bcoz of either the charger, camera or flat screen. SO i guess most ppl will actually use the 120W.
I charge all my phones with a 40W charger, since i don't know what the 120W does to other phones, i will just not use it for now. Pointless to have 4 different chargers plugged  in, and then to look for the right one....1 is enough.

But will take it for traveling....once the covid madness is over.
2022-01-01 23:52:59

Rookie Bunny

Rorihunter
honestly, most ppl who did buy this phone, bought it bcoz of either the charger, camera or flat screen. SO i guess most ppl will actually use the 120W.
I charge all my phones with a 40W charger, since i don't know what the 120W does to other phones, i will just not use it for now. Pointless to have 4 different chargers plugged  in, and then to look for the right one....1 is enough.

Yes I am honestly using the 25w due to the 120w charging heating the phone and then the battery will get messed withing 2 years
2022-01-02 00:37:37
MuhammadHusseinBhara replied at 2022-01-01 17:37:37
Yes I am honestly using the 25w due to the 120w charging heating the phone and then the battery will get messed withing 2 years

heating the phone? like how much?
The last Samsung phone i had did change my definition of 'heating up while charging' to a new level.
Check the stats in battery settings, the temperature will be hardly above 36*C, but that is still more than your hands, your hands will be between 18~36*C, where 18 is 'stone cold' and below that you may feel pain.
So a value would be definitely better.

I did keep some of the older phones bcoz they just don't die. But my 'main' phone gets never older than 1y.
I see no reason to keep using a phone, if there is one that is much faster or takes much better pictures.
2022-01-02 04:44:22

Rookie Bunny

Rorihunter
heating the phone? like how much?
The last Samsung phone i had did change my definition of 'heating up while charging' to a new level.
Check the stats in battery settings, the temperature will be hardly above 36*C, but that is still more than your hands, your hands will be between 18~36*C, where 18 is 'stone cold' and below that you may feel pain.

Prefer using the Samsung charger and not the 120w as charge the phone at night. Otherwise the device is okay and nice
2022-01-02 10:35:19