In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Devices

[Discussion] Maybe I have broke my phone after replace display?

2021-12-09 21:05:24
5690 1
Hi,

I have a Xiaomi Mi 8 that I fix the display with a new one, that was my old device (now I have a mi 9t). For this christmas I bought a new display (now cost only 40€) with the idea to repair it and it will be a present for my mom (she has a samsung a5 and it working very bad).

After replace the display, I turn on the device and I can see my old content, but whereas turning on the phone I saw the "Unlocked" label at starting, then recently in my Mi 9t i have to lock again the device in order to use the nfc pay method.

I restart the device and plug into the PC (usb 3.0) and the fastboot display only appears for a second for go to display "press any key to shutdown". Trying to be "the fast of the west", I put the "fastboot oem lock" and the device enter in a bad loop, moreover trying to put the mobile as a new os, I pressed the wipe all data.

The new state is:

- If start as a normal, when trying format after wipe doesnt complete and enter in mi.recovery 3.0
- If start in a fastboot mode, i cannot erase data because the device is locked (I have tried with mi unlock, mi pc suite, mi flash tool, adb cli)

All tutorials in internet told me "init session on mi account", but I cannot to do this because the mobile not starts normally, the maximum page that I reached is the mi-recovery 3.0.

Are there any way to recover the phone?

I have the bill, the original box, the mobile .... the service support can put as new the mobile? (remember that I replace the display by myself)

The worst is that the mobile worked before relock ... I'm silly! :-(

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Edit: In my xiaomi account i can see the Mi 8 linked with my account although the device, at this moment, there are no way to see that is mine by itself. ¿Could be help me this situation for repair the device by byself?

2021-12-09 21:05:24
Favorites RateRate
try to unlock with mi unlock tool your device again..if you are allowed
also you can try to wipe data from mi recovery and then reboot.. if nothing happen im afraid you have to visit a service point.. you can try not to say that you have fix your smartphone by your self just tell them suddenly has failed
2021-12-19 18:47:19