In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tools

[Other] Missing RDS support in FM Radio app

2021-12-03 00:34:33
523 2
On a mobile device, FM radio with RDS support looks kind of mandatory : who wants to scan the entire FM band again and again, every 40 kilometers, to find the new frequency of the station they're listening to ?
And yes : online radio apps are better. But they'll be no use with no mobile data.

Yet, the bundled main app ("Radio FM" aka. "com.miui.fm") offers no support for RDS.
And the alternative bundled hidden app ("FM Radio" aka. "com.caf.fmradio") which offers RDS support does not function on every Xiaomi smartphone.

To me it looks like a serious lack in customer care from Xiaomi. It makes me wonder which other function I take for granted may be surprisingly missing in my phone.

Is there any plan from Xiaomi to introduce RDS support in its FM app ?

Is there an alternative 3rd party app that can be used on Xiaomi phones ?
2021-12-03 00:34:33
Favorites1 RateRate
Dear User,
Thanks to writing to us, kindly use the service and feedback app to give the suggestions
Thanks
2021-12-03 20:00:59

Rookie Bunny

MangeGrain Author |

karanmig  replied at 2021-12-03 13:00:59
Dear User,
Thanks to writing to us, kindly use the service and feedback app to give the suggestions
Thanks

Done.

I hope they do react and finally provide RDS support, soon.

Thanks.
2021-12-10 01:29:09