In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Xiaomi 11T Series

[] HDR Youtube playback and 10-Bit color not working

2021-11-22 05:52:35
297 5
Hello there,although the phone supports HDR Video playback, it seems that on youtube, it doesn't work properly (Yes the option of HDR appears when choosing resolution) But it is basically just SDR espicially when compared with something like the Mi 11 Lite , the Mi 11 Lite has the HDR and 10-Bit color working properly, Thus you can have the "eye-searing" High brightness HDR playback, and no banding on 10-Bit color.

The device is Xiaomi 11T Global 12.5.7 , is this thing a problem with the device, or is it just a whitelist thingy from Youtube, didn't try other platforms.

The video I'd like to use is "8k HDR Dolby Vision Nourriture Deliceuse". And thank you
2021-11-22 05:52:35
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

vader77darth | from app

HDR is working in YouTube on my Poco X3.
2021-11-22 07:20:28

Rookie Bunny

Ahed Fares Author | from app

vader77darth
HDR is working in YouTube on my Poco X3.

And how is that supposed to help?
2021-11-30 15:43:15
Sorry, just saw. It could be an issue with youtube, or the device. I assume from your post that you have tried to download a HDR vid, and play it like this, and it worked? If it indeed does, I'd be inclined to see it as either a network issue (as YT overrides bandwidth settings when it determines the network speed isn't enough, either from your end or for their own servers), or as you said, a thing about whitelisting. Your phone is bought from an official UK seller, not imported, right? (ie, not bootloader unlocked?)
2021-11-30 16:34:59

Rookie Bunny

Ahed Fares Author | from app

Torlyn
Sorry, just saw. It could be an issue with youtube, or the device. I assume from your post that you have tried to download a HDR vid, and play it like this, and it worked? If it indeed does, I'd be inclined to see it as either a network issue (as YT overrides bandwidth settings when it determines the network speed isn't enough, either from your end or for their own servers), or as you said, a thing about whitelisting. Your phone is bought from an official UK seller, not imported, right? (ie, not bootloader unlocked?)

The phone didn't have it's bootloader unlocked, everything is still official, Downloading the video and playing will enable all the features using Vlc (10Bit + Proper HDR). But playing from youtube (Even when choosing 1080P HDR or 1440P HDR) Doesn't give true HDR playback , neither 10Bit. When compared to the Xiaomi mi 11 Lite , the 11 Lite is supported on youtube and displays proper HDR and 10 Bit, it can reach the eye searing 1000 nits . the 11T is no where close to that brightness on youtube HDR. But when playing the offline video in VLC it does play it properly. I believe Xiaomi in some sort of fault , or youtube or both , could be related to the use of the mediatek chip.
2021-12-02 03:02:32
Ahed Fares replied at 2021-12-01 19:02:32
The phone didn't have it's bootloader unlocked, everything is still official, Downloading the video and playing will enable all the features using Vlc (10Bit + Proper HDR). But playing from youtube (Even when choosing 1080P HDR or 1440P HDR) Doesn't give true HDR playback , neither 10Bit. When compared to the Xiaomi mi 11 Lite , the 11 Lite is supported on youtube and displays proper HDR and 10 Bit, it can reach the eye searing 1000 nits . the 11T is no where close to that brightness on youtube HDR. But when playing the offline video in VLC it does play it properly. I believe Xiaomi in some sort of fault , or youtube or both , could be related to the use of the mediatek chip.

Then I'd say, from experience, it's probably some DRM issue with youtube, that happens a lot (as they have to certify all phones, and they are not really good at doing that with new phones
2021-12-02 15:45:29