In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI ROM

[Global ROM] Flashed Global ROM over VodaFone stock ROM, Can I relock bootloader? (Redmi Note 8T)

2021-10-16 04:20:05
230 2
Hey guys, PLEEEEASE help me figure this out.  
As per title, I bought this phone online and it came with a VodaFone ROM, today I unlocked bootloader and flashed the official Global ROM with XiaomiTool V2, but now I can't use Netflix and I'm worried cuz my phone is unlocked and not secure.

I already checked on Xiaomi's oficial Product Authentication and it has a green tick and it says: "Congratulations! You can be assured the phone you have purchased is the official international version."

The problem is that reading online some people say I can relock my phone without any problems since its Global Version and not a China Version, but other people say that I can ONLY relock if you flashed the original ROM that came with the phone (meaning the VodaFone one).

So my question is, can I relock my Redmi Note 8T without fear of bricking it?

2021-10-16 04:20:05
Favorites RateRate
Dear User,
Thanks for reaching here in MIUI sub forum. If you flashed the ROM through Mi Flash Tool then you can relock the bootloader.
Thanks
2021-10-16 11:25:45
On which ROM and Device you CAN and CAN'T Lock Bootloader!  https://c.mi.com/thread-2584760-1-1.html
2021-10-16 21:07:45

NEMESIS