In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9T Pro

[Discussion] Issues with bluetooth earbuds quality during calls.

2021-10-12 03:18:57
202 5
I'm experiencing a strange issue with multiple pairs of wireless earphones. The quality upon connection is perfect, however, once I join a voice or video calls, such as Facebook messenger, or discord the quality of all background audio depletes. The quality of the calls participants voice is also perfect, however, if I try to watch YouTube or listen to music, it is unbearable. Aside from the quality issues, upon ending/leaving the call all background audio cuts out entirely and the earbuds require a reconnection. I've tested using multiple pairs of earbuds, all produce the same issue.
2021-10-12 03:18:57
Favorites RateRate
Are you saying that the callers voices are clear, But not any background sounds, During a call the phone is probably using noise cancelling to block background sounds. Are you trying to listen to music during a phone call?
2021-10-12 04:46:32
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.
South of the Humber replied at 2021-10-11 21:46:32
Are you saying that the callers voices are clear, But not any background sounds, During a call the phone is probably using noise cancelling to block background sounds. Are you trying to listen to music during a phone call?

Yes, I sometimes game or watch youtube during calls and the quality decrease completely ruins it, do you know how to disable these noise-cancelling features. Also, I do the same but using wired headphones and do not have the same problem. It only applies to bluetooth.
2021-10-12 05:04:57
LoafOfCurry
Yes, I sometimes game or watch youtube during calls and the quality decrease completely ruins it, do you know how to disable these noise-cancelling features. Also, I do the same but using wired headphones and do not have the same problem. It only applies to bluetooth.

When you use Bluetooth for both a call and listening to music at the same time your phone may have problems sending both the call sound and the music over Bluetooth at the same time. It will not be so much of a problem over a wired connection.
2021-10-12 05:17:37
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.
South of the Humber replied at 2021-10-11 22:17:37
When you use Bluetooth for both a call and listening to music at the same time your phone may have problems sending both the call sound and the music over Bluetooth at the same time. It will not be so much of a problem over a wired connection.

Surely there is a workaround or solution?
2021-10-13 03:31:39

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=1701095665LoafOfCurry/url
Surely there is a workaround or solution?/quote

it's a question of bandwidth. Bluetooth is immensely slow, just try and transfer even a small file over it, and you will see. So when it comes to audio, it will work with one feed, as it gets encoded through a specific codec, and transmitted that way. Add another feed, and you mess up the process
2021-10-13 05:19:02