In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Phones

[Q & A] Next phone..recommendation?

2021-10-05 20:54:31
436 16
My Mi8 is now 3 years old. Along with all the other manufacturers it seems that its designed for the battery to start loosing it's capacity and it's not going to get any more android updates so I am considering a new phone. My main disappointment has been that it has never worked correctly with Android auto (music and sounds apps cannot be launched from within Android auto). It has also randomly not connected to some WiFi routers, specially when abroad when others eg pixel had no problems.  So should I stick with Xiaomi or not. Prices have jumped. I paid £340 for top of the range in 2018 and now the sky is the limit. I want good photos, quick charge, large screen, full day battery duration. I don't play games and I guess the most processor intensive app is Waze. I would like Android auto to work correctly. I am tempted by iPhones because they provide much longer support than any Android manufacturer but just don't like apple. So any recommendations.
2021-10-05 20:54:31
Favorites RateRate
Well, I don't know what to recommend, but the Android Auto is going to be a no go as google have killed it, and will add the functionality into google maps (and have promised it would work right across all ranges then)
2021-10-05 21:28:28

Semi Pro Bunny

john mat Author | from app

Torlyn
Well, I don't know what to recommend, but the Android Auto is going to be a no go as google have killed it, and will add the functionality into google maps (and have promised it would work right across all ranges then)

Thanks. That sounds interesting. I wonder how all the car manufacturers are going deal with that. Toyota have been very slow with including Android auto. . perhaps they knew something!
2021-10-05 22:07:11
Wait and see what Google announce later this month with the Pixel 6?
2021-10-05 22:11:53

Pro Bunny

DevilVapeCry | from app

11T Pro great phone
2021-10-05 22:14:31

Semi Pro Bunny

DevilVapeCry
11T Pro great phone

yes I do like the look of the 11 Pro but realistically I don't need the latest CPU so the lite version is tempting.
2021-10-05 22:17:54

Semi Pro Bunny

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=63589553626358955362/url
Wait and see what Google announce later this month with the Pixel 6?/quote

depends on the price. I am really not interested in paying £700 for a phone anymore. My Mi8 was superior to my son's pixel in 2018 (can't remember which  version that was but it was of the same year).
2021-10-05 22:21:13

Master Bunny

Evermore | from app

The mi11 lite is amazing! it is a powerful all rounder mid ranger, great design, SUPER light and good battery performance!
2021-10-06 01:29:43

Master Bunny

vader77darth | from app

I don't really think prices have jumped. They still sell cheap phones with good quality. Now, they also sell better phones as well. Their naming scheme is terrible and is probably why people complain that their prices are going up.
2021-10-06 05:13:42

Semi Pro Bunny

I suppose I would disagree with you on that. The Mi8 was the flagship model three years ago. I paid £340 for it. The cost of the current flagship  mi11 ultra? Three years ago the Mi8 beat the Pixel and Samsung  in virtually every way. It would be great if Xiaomi could offer something the others don't eg a 5 year warranty or similar. I would then consider the extra expense of the ultra.
2021-10-06 18:23:40
1895131133 replied at 2021-10-06 11:23:40
I suppose I would disagree with you on that. The Mi8 was the flagship model three years ago. I paid £340 for it. The cost of the current flagship  mi11 ultra? Three years ago the Mi8 beat the Pixel and Samsung  in virtually every way. It would be great if Xiaomi could offer something the others don't eg a 5 year warranty or similar. I would then consider the extra expense of the ultra.

I think the Ultra is not so much a flagship as a one of a kind, and not really part of the normal lineup (and so rare it's pretty impossible to buy). The current ''flag'' would be the Mi11, and that's way more reasonable when compared specs for specs with the competition. Life has indeed got WAY more expensive in the last three years.

2021-10-06 18:46:09