In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Phones

[Discussion] Smaller phones that fit into pockets???

2021-09-27 04:08:32
459 6
Are Xiaomi planning to release smaller phones? It would be great to see a handset that is 6". There might need to be a compromise on battery life but it would be good to see something that more easily fits into pockets. Cannot wait to see more phones like the Samsung flip. If we cannot get smaller handsets then folding phones like that could be the future. Am I alone in looking for something a bit smaller?
2021-09-27 04:08:32
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Evermore | from app

You are definitely not the only one! however I don't feel there's anything on the pipeline for smaller phones, although it could be we would be getting a foldable for the future. Unfortunately the market trend is for bigger phones as people mainly use it for gaming and streaming, hence the preference for big screens
2021-09-27 05:02:37

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

I pretty much have to answer like Evermore, not so much a case of tech issues, more trends. But I agree that there definitely is a market for smaller phones (though, for most of the folk who've got used to larger ones the downgrade in screen size might be something they wish on paper, but in practical terms find hard to deal with)
2021-09-27 05:13:02

Master Bunny

vader77darth | from app

I have gotten used to my Poco X3 but I still really prefer the size of my old redmi 6. It was so much lighter and smaller. I would love another phone with a similar size and mass.
2021-09-27 05:30:24

Master Bunny

Evermore | from app

vader77darth
I have gotten used to my Poco X3 but I still really prefer the size of my old redmi 6. It was so much lighter and smaller. I would love another phone with a similar size and mass.

In terms of size it's hard to come up with anything like it used to be but if you are looking for lightweight have a go at the mi 11 lite, it's an absolute feather :D
2021-09-27 13:07:12
Still absolute love the size of my old Redmi 5A,last xiaomi decent screen size was MI 6 with it's massive 5.15 inches!
2021-09-27 20:21:31

NEMESIS

Rookie Bunny

Nezuko Chan | from app

I haven't had a problem with their phones and my pockets (am using a Redmi Note 8T)
2021-09-30 06:26:56