In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi 9/9A

[Q&A] Is Redmi 9 unable to lock band?

2021-09-15 18:11:06
212 1
Hello friend,
I want to ask about the lock band on Redmi 9 [MIUI 11.0.3 Indonesia]. At my location there are many bands that can be used, but when I want to lock band on a band 5/3 device I always choose band 40.
But when I used my dad's Redmi 9c, the lock band worked. So I thought, does Redmi 9 not support lock band? If it is support, do you think there is a problem with my device so that my device always chooses band 40?
My device status is Unlock Bootloader. Is this what causes the lock band to fail?

2021-09-15 18:11:06
Favorites RateRate
To lock specific bands, you require root access. Apps like Network Signal Guru can lock the bands that you use. I do not think the unlocked bootloader is the cause - you use a Redmi 9 while your dad has 9C, so there could be some differences. You may also contact your network provider and check which all bands work best with this device over their network.

Cheers! :-)
2021-09-16 12:59:03
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series