In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

Story of Mi Fans
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Review] Xiaomi HL Foldable 1L 600W Electric Kettle Makes Traveling More Hygienic + Bonus Noodle Recipe!

2021-09-08 10:08:15
1384 25

Hei Mi fans,

Wassup Mi fans? Hope to find all of you in high spirit and enthusiasm as ever. It's nice to be back unboxing and reviewing after a long break to enjoy a care-free life, so what’re the good tidings I brought you all today? This time around I wanna share and elevate your mobility experience to the next level with Mi HL Foldable 1L 600W Electric Kettle.

Small and lightweight kettle for those who have babies to make their milk and those who love hot drinks while traveling. If you are health conscious about the hotel kettle, then this is a suitable, space-saving, and quickly foldable kettle.

Highlights:
  • Power: 600W
  • Weight: 700 grams
  • Dimensions: 190x137x163mm; 160x137x80mm (folded)
  • Volume: 1 liter
  • Type of heating element: Closed Coil
  • Thermoregulator: Yes
  • Cord compartment: Yes
  • Multi-Voltage: 220V/110V ~ 50Hz
  • Materials: Silicone, 304 Stainless Steel 304, ABS plastic
  • Cable: 1 meter

The body and interior parts are made of eco-friendly and safe food-grade silicone.

Mi HL Foldable 1L 600W Electric Kettle features an Anti-Dry Protection to safeguard in case of insufficient water. The temperature control sensor turns off the possibility of heating the kettle and in the absence of water it will not turn on. When the temperature on the heating plate reaches the boiling water standard, the temperature control will be disconnected. When there is no water in the kettle, the dry temperature control on the heating plate will be disconnected to protect the battery. When the water temperature is lower than the temperature control, the temperature control will automatically turn on the power to reach the water boiling temperature.

Power Cord Base Storage for folding the kettle's extra length of the power cord can easily be organized and saving space.

The bottom plate heating plate is made of 304 stainless steel, which is very safe, not easy to rust, anti-fouling, and easy to clean. The wide diameter of the kettle is convenient for use, allowing you to easily fill water and for cleaning.

I went on to test and cook the Heng Hua Lor Mee originated from Putian, Fujian Province in China. Don’t be fooled by its simplicity, this Heng Hua Lor Mee recipe is so flavourful with infused umami flavors from the clams and the dried shrimp. This dish is truly the embodiment of simplicity and deliciousness. This is for one serving, very easy, and takes 15 mins for the whole procedure.

Preferably, use chopsticks to stir while using the kettle to cook and avoid sharp utensils.

And for slicing and chopping, use the Xiaomi OOU Kitchen Set, which includes a chopper, kitchen knife, and multi-purpose chopping board with sanitary in mind, which I will review in the near future.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
  • 25g Pork Belly sliced into strips
  • 1 Shallot, sliced
  • 1 Dried Scallop, rehydrated
  • 3g Dried Shrimps, rehydrated
  • 1 Dried Mushroom, rehydrated and sliced
  • 25g Chinese Cabbage cut into small pieces
  • 500ml of Water
  • 5 pieces Clams
  • 2 pieces Prawns
  • 1 packet Chicken Flavor Maggi Noodle
  • 1 tbsp Hua Diao Yellow Wine
  • 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
  • Salt and White Pepper to taste
  • 25g Cai Xin veggie, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon diluted Cornstarch

Cooking Directions:
  • Add 400ml of water to the kettle to boil, add 1 tbsp cooking oil, and let the water boil, then add pork belly, dried scallops, dried shrimps, and dried mushrooms. Simmer the ingredients until fragrant.
  • Add in Maggi noodles, clams, prawns, and mix well
  • Add the remaining 100ml of water
  • Add in Maggi chicken stock, cover, and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
  • Add in Chinese Cabbage and stir.
  • Add in Hua Diao wine, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Cover and let it simmer for a minute. Add in Cai Xin, shallots, and mix well then let it cook for a minute to desired soup consistency.
  • Tadaaaa, the Heng Hua Lor Noodle is ready to be served.

A quick reference video to expand and fold to save space.

Verdict
Actually, I am very amazing, despite the silicone material that everything went smoothly, which initially I was doubtful about my endeavor of cooking the noodle. Normally when we go camping it is quite normal we go hungry in the middle of the night and want to have a hot coffee or hot chocolate and a yummy instant noodle to gratify ourselves. Conclusively, I give it a thumbs up and an essential item for traveling. And lastly, boiling 1 litre of water takes barely 3 minutes on my count, but if you cook instant noodles it would take about 5 minutes. Lastly, but not least, give a shot at the Heng Hua Lor Mee, it's definitely Oishi or scrumptious.

Trending Review Threads:

2021-09-08 10:08:15
Favorites6 RateRate
Story of Mi Fans
On Mother’s Day, we all thank them for their unconditional love and support. And this mother's day we wanna make you clean in front of your moms! Share Your Story with us!
219 Article Description     737 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Mi Rédacteur

arawak8 | from app

Thanks for sharing
2021-09-08 10:58:15

Pro Bunny

sabai4life | from Mi A2 Lite

Ingenious device, thanks for sharing this interesting unboxing article including the deliciously sounding soup recipe, bhai _/\_
2021-09-08 11:38:17

Super moderator

feds64 Author | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=1882364870sabai4life/url
Ingenious device, thanks for sharing this interesting unboxing article including the deliciously sounding soup recipe, bhai _/\_/quote

You should try the recipe, Aroi Mak Mak
2021-09-08 11:43:56

Master Bunny

szepy | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

great tool..
2021-09-08 13:04:15
...from Hungary

Semi Pro Bunny

John Mhar 6150466560 | from Redmi Note 9 Pro

that's a cool thing
2021-09-08 13:11:18

Banned

Mi-FE | from app

thanks for sharing
2021-09-08 13:38:21
Interesting device... thanks for the review and the recipe
2021-09-08 13:39:05

Pro Bunny

sabai4life | from Mi A2 Lite

feds64
You should try the recipe, Aroi Mak Mak

Thanks, bhai _/\_. Shall tell my autonomous kitchen robot about this, saeb-laaii-nae-norn :-)
2021-09-08 13:39:09

Super moderator

feds64 Author |

Julil358 replied at 2021-09-08 13:39:05
Interesting device... thanks for the review and the recipe

You should give it a shot, I believe you might like it...
2021-09-08 13:46:39

Master Bunny

Açelya30 | from Redmi Note 8

Thanks for sharing!
2021-09-08 14:39:44