In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Other] GetApps vs Google Play Store

2021-09-05 00:48:48
482 2
I know this is a basic question. But, what's the different about GetApps and Google Play Store? I always ignore updates from GetApps, except for system apps. But for other application they sometimes provide different version. Which one is better?

2021-09-05 00:48:48
Favorites RateRate
You can update either way. GetApps is the go-to method to update in MIUI China ROM as PlayStore is not available, and they just implement the same app in global ROM. I do prefer PlayStore apps for all the user apps and only update the system apps via GetApps. The version numbers maybe slightly different - it is just like you can find multiple versions of an app in apkmirror and other sites. These could be small updates that may or may not end up in the PlayStore, probably region or device based, but these websites will fetch all these APKs and upload it. As for functionality, updating either way won't make any difference.

Cheers! :-)
2021-09-07 10:01:40
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series

Pro Bunny

capricornday Author | from app

thanks for your response
2021-09-09 19:40:34