In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO X3 NFC

[Q&A] Face and finger unlock amongst others

2021-09-02 04:07:18
290 1
I got up this morning after charging my phone all night and my wallpapers had set themselves to some sort of default wallpaper.

I have no idea how but I can only assume the phone updated something or other during the night. Apparently I'm now running 12.5.2 but I have no idea what it was running last night before I went to bed, so I can't say for sure it updated the android or MIUI system.

Also, now my phone won't unlock using my face or fingerprint because I use a third party screen lock app.

Here's my questions:-

1) Why does Miui have to reset my wallpapers when they update their Miui system. And how dare they??

2) Why have this "won't unlock using face or fingerprint if you're using a 3rd party screen lock app" BS? It worked fine until this update. Why force people to use the built-in screen lock app?

2a) Is there a way to add a shortcut to my phone home page for the built-in screen lock app? Or must I swipe down and then tap screen lock from the swipe-down menu, thereby forcing me to make twice as many screen presses (as well as taking the time to swipe-down)?

2b) What kind of fascists are Mi becoming forcing this built-in screenlock thing on people?

Something I've just realised: I use Microsoft Launcher so does this mean I'll never be able to unlock my phone again using face or fingerprint again until I use the native launcher?? What the heck!!!

I look forward to some replies on this subject. Surely I'm not the only one annoyed by this.

2021-09-02 04:07:18
Favorites RateRate
Hello,

The POCO Community has been moved to POCO Community

Request you to please post your queries over there.

Regards,
2021-09-03 15:49:26