In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

Story of Mi Fans
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Announcement] [ifelixit Review] Redmi 10 - The Affordable Next-Level Experience

2021-08-27 17:00:44
6011 13

Hei Mi fans,

Hope to find everyone as blissful and enthusiastic as ever. Today I have had the Redmi 10 for a week now, so I could share with you all of my experience. If you missed my unboxing, you browse through, Level up and unbox the all new Redmi 10 Pebble White!

Take a glimpse of the Pebble White and Carbon Gray color.

After unboxing, it amazed me how it looks and how it felt with a matte finish Pebble White color. The back feels solid even though it is plastic.

On the top, left corner is the 50MP Quad Camera module.

Redmi 10 levels up with a dual speaker configuration, on the top and sports the 3.5mm audio jack and a mic.

You have the silver frame all around the phone, with the side fingerprint scanner on the power button and the volume rocker.

On the left side, you get a sim tray for 2 Micro SIMs and MicroSD slot expandable to 512GB.

On the bottom, the speaker, a USB-C charging port, and a microphone.

Redmi 10 is the first smartphone that is powered by the MediaTek Helio G88 SoC with an octa-core CPU that clocks up to 2.0GHz and a GPU that clocks up to 1.0GHz. It runs MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11 out of the box. As of now, it comes with 4GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB RAM/Storage confirmation.

Redmi 10 sports a 6.5" Full HD+ DotDisplay with Gorilla Glass 3 protection. For those out in the field most of the time it features the Sunlight mode for better viewing on the LCD display. It also features Reading mode 3.0.

Redmi 10 next-level experience is the smoother scrolling with a high 90Hz refresh rate combined with adaptive sync to match the frame rate of the content, like Gaming/Scrolling, Video streaming, and immobile screen while conserving battery life.

Curious to know about MediaTek Helio G88? It's the same chipset with Helio G80 and G85, but an upgrade for higher display resolution and higher camera resolution which can support up to 64 MP setup, nevertheless a fast 90Hz display to create super smooth mobile app and OS experiences. Helio G88 evolve on generations of photographic excellence, the G88 includes a multitude of hardware accelerators, including a hardware depth engine for dual-camera bokeh captures, Camera Control Unit (CCU), Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) technologies, and also enables multi-camera smartphones for great user choice, mixing any combination of wide-angle, telescopic, macro and main cameras together.

I have updated the firmware from the out-of-the-box state and running MIUI Global V12.5.4.0.RKUMIXM. Let's see how it goes with the routine benchmark apps.

The AnTuTu score is expected of the Helio G88 chipset for an entry-level segment. What’s important is that it has to be robust and fluid for our daily use. Next, I'm gonna run a few benchmarks to clear my doubts revving up details on the games and whatnot, to check on the playable frame rates follies.

My testing continues on CPU performance using the Geekbench application by simulating daily tasks and real-world applications. This test is designed to measure cellular CPU performance quickly and accurately. Every Geekbench 5 test will measure the full potential of the CPU. In this field, Redmi 10 performs better than Helio G85.

On the PCMark benchmark, the productivity performance looks promising for your daily usages, exceeding that of Snapdragon 730G performance. From the score attained it was doing well processing in raw processor crunching, except it did remarkably well in Photo Editing which is helpful for post photo editing chores.

For those thinking of streaming video at higher resolution, Redmi 10 gets the support for Netflix/Amazon Prime Video in HD as it has the Widevine CDM L1 certification.

Next, we can witness how it handles reading and writing. AndroBench measures the storage performance of your Android devices which provides the benchmarks of Micro and SQLite. The performance is considerable for an entry-level model.

As stated in the official specification, NFC is not evidence, of course, it depends on the market. Next, we head to gaming.

Considering MediaTek Helio G88 features MediaTek HyperEngine 2.0 lite gaming technologies, for smoother performance in heavy-loading game engines, demanding scenes, and intense gameplay, as you can see from my gameplay it seems otherwise, probably the firmware is not optimized to utilize the feature, and doing a screen recording makes the matter worst.

Talking about audio on the Redmi 10, it sounds loud and sounds great.

I kid you not, accuracy is bull's-eye for navigation & positioning that supports GPS, A-GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and Beidou, which is excellent.

So far the Networking Engine for Helio G88 has fast response and more reliable connections to ensure you can always stay connected and Intelligent prediction of Wi-Fi & LTE to avoid connection dropping during in-game.

Now, let's review Next-Level Photography with the camera setup of your dreams. The main shooter is a 50MP f/1.8, 8MP ultra-wide camera f/2.2, FOV 120°, 2MP macro camera f/2.4, and a 2MP depth sensor with an f-stop of f/2.4. The rear camera can do video recording up to 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 30fps and the same goes for the front camera. Here are some samples of Redmi 10 shots:-

That's some of the shots, which really need a beef-up on the camera software, especially shooting outdoors and in certain scenes, the images are washed-out so to speak. Without a doubt, the 50MP combined with the capability of the Helio G88 can achieve better results than these. Hopefully, future updates can bring good tidings. I will do further camera tests using GCam and clear my doubts.

Redmi 10 takes you to the next level of mobile photography, with RAW and Camera 2 API compatibility.

Redmi 10 has enough power to get you through the day, with the in-box 22.5W charger can charge slightly an hour with its 18W fast charging. As for the two units, I tested and the 9W reverse wired charging is absent, only to find it get charged by my other phone.

It is packed with a 5000mAh battery, 18W fast charging, 3A rating USB-A to USB-C Data cable, and bundled with a 22.5W in-box charger.

Battery life is impressive and charging takes more than an hour. For a light user, the battery backup can last almost two days of use. As for 9W reverse wired charging is not present from my test.

Verdict:
As biased as it may sound, I am impressed with how it feels, the 50MP Quad camera, 90Hz refresh rate with adaptive sync display. The dual speaker setup is great. At this juncture, to be honest, the battery standby time is awesome, but the results of the camera just failed the expectation I had when unboxing it. Realistically, it's affordable for the first-time buyer, but mathematically an LCD screen is a brush-off, even with the Sunlight mode, so to speak, from a price mixing point of view. On the other hand, indeed it's a level-up from Redmi 9 but certainly not from that price segment. I am poised Redmi will do something about the photo quality and take advantage of the level-up camera setup and the capabilities of Helio G88. Last but not least, Redmi 10 makes a good daily driver that can last a day of use.

Trending Review Threads:

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2021-08-27 17:00:44
Favorites5 RateRate
Story of Mi Fans
On Mother’s Day, we all thank them for their unconditional love and support. And this mother's day we wanna make you clean in front of your moms! Share Your Story with us!
219 Article Description     737 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Grand Master Bunny

RichG | from MI 8

Looks like this is going to be another mid-range killer smartphone. Thanks for sharing.
2021-08-27 20:15:27

Super moderator

feds64 Author | from app

RichG

Looks like this is going to be another mid-range killer smartphone. Thanks for sharing.

Not so soon...
2021-08-27 20:20:09

Super moderator

Mohammed Abdalfattah | from Redmi Note 5A

Awesome review, I respect your facts and the clarification of cons and pros. Let's cross fingers and hope for a better performance and quality with the next updates. Thanks for sharing
2021-08-27 21:09:21

Mi Rédacteur

arawak8 | from app

Thanks for this review
2021-08-27 23:21:37

Super moderator

feds64 Author | from app

Mohammed Abdalfattah
Awesome review, I respect your facts and the clarification of cons and pros. Let's cross fingers and hope for a better performance and quality with the next updates. Thanks for sharing

Thanks, definitely waiting for a positive update especially for the camera...
2021-08-28 03:46:58
Excellent review... I really like this phone, I wish I could buy it..<br>
Thanks for great article
2021-08-28 04:12:29

Super moderator

feds64 Author |

Julil358 replied at 2021-08-28 04:12:29
Excellent review... I really like this phone, I wish I could buy it..&lt;br&gt;
Thanks for great article

Thanks for the inspiration, wish you could.
2021-08-28 04:42:18

Grand Master Bunny

Suter | from app

Very thorough review. The phone would suit my needs adequately.
2021-08-28 06:47:26

Rookie Bunny

jvllopes | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

vai vim no redmi note 8 pro Android 11
2021-08-28 10:14:50
Nice. Thanks for sharing.
2021-08-28 16:16:10