In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 10T Series

[Discussion] 12.5 MIUI update

2021-07-14 14:51:19
1008 28
Unfortunately, I do not trust Xiaomi updates. My phone has not yet received 12.5. It is stuck on 12.1.3 . My son has Xiaomi 11 lite and he has 12.5.6. Disaster. I will never buy Xiaomi again.
2021-07-14 14:51:19
Favorites RateRate
Could you tell us what exact MIUI version you have (in phone settings/about phone, what I'm after is the letters in brackets, that will look like RJDMIXM

EDIT : looked at you previous threads, indeed you have the global version (MI), and 12.5 is not yet out for that (the EEA version IS, which means the update for global was pulled for bugs, as otherwise it's always out before EEA). So I'm sorry you're still waiting, but in these cases, it happens, bugs are better fixed then the update spread than the other way around
2021-07-14 15:25:55

Rookie Bunny

mafrata Author | from app

2021-07-14 15:34:56
yep, definitely the plain Global one. I'll try and see if it's going out of 'quarantine', but once again, better a pulled ROM that takes a bit of time spreading again than one that is so buggy it makes you want to throw your phone out of the window
2021-07-14 16:29:32

Advanced Bunny

Wastedagen | from app

Torlyn
yep, definitely the plain Global one. I'll try and see if it's going out of 'quarantine', but once again, better a pulled ROM that takes a bit of time spreading again than one that is so buggy it makes you want to throw your phone out of the window

I thoroughly agree, but the least Xiaomi could do is release an official statement saying why?
2021-07-14 17:01:03

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Wastedagen
I thoroughly agree, but the least Xiaomi could do is release an official statement saying why?

It's a relatively minor glitch, not like they released something that bricked phones, so unlikely (as then every user would badger them every time there is an update window that has opened and yet they have not received something)
2021-07-14 18:16:52
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #6

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

My Mi 10 updated on Tuesday and its working like a dream
2021-07-15 17:01:03

Mi Blogger

Kenny_P | from app

You can always check the latest official global version, manually download it and then flash it using the updater app by choosing the latest firmware you just downloaded.
my mi 9 was stuck on a lower version than my wife's but I noticed I had opted in to get updates earlier (you can do that in the settings) so seems there was likely a bug in the old firmware and possibly that setting (or another) meant it didn't believe there was an update for my device.
just manually download the miui package installed it and funilly about a week after that 12.5 came out and ota automatic update worked fine again so glitches happen and with the updater app it's super simple to download the latest if (for any reason it doesn't work automatically) and install without having to connect to a pc or root it or recovery mode etc
2021-07-16 13:56:40

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Kenny_P
You can always check the latest official global version, manually download it and then flash it using the updater app by choosing the latest firmware you just downloaded.
my mi 9 was stuck on a lower version than my wife's but I noticed I had opted in to get updates earlier (you can do that in the settings) so seems there was likely a bug in the old firmware and possibly that setting (or another) meant it didn't believe there was an update for my device.
just manually download the miui package installed it and funilly about a week after that 12.5 came out and ota automatic update worked fine again so glitches happen and with the updater app it's super simple to download the latest if (for any reason it doesn't work automatically) and install without having to connect to a pc or root it or recovery mode etc

true, but in that case the update isn't around, I believe it was pulled (as the EEA version is out,and they're always built over the plain global)
2021-07-16 14:59:46

Advanced Bunny

Wastedagen | from app

Just seen and read that Mi 9 Series Global now has the 12.5 Update... This is getting comical now...<br>
What on earth could be the issue to stop the release for the 10T Pro Global.?
2021-07-20 16:46:23