In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Zone

[Makan] Xiaomi Notebook - How to change the system language to English

2017-09-10 23:08:29
24097 4
The Xiaomi Notebook [only sold in China or parallel importers in Singapore] comes with a Simplified Chinese Single Language edition of Windows. This version of Windows does not natively allow installation of display language packs for other languages.
Google-d all over the internet to find possible solutions, many of which involved reinstalling Windows. This is not ideal, as some of the device drivers may have to be installed separately. These drivers are not officially on the Xiaomi website, but on 3rd party websites [e.g. techtablets.com]

Anyway, h/t to Yuey Tan, who was "poisoned" by me to buy a Xiaomi Notebook, and suggested to try this method

Hope this will help the Xiaomi fan who bought a Xiaomi Notebook, but am still stuck with using the single language edition of Windows

• find existing Windows notebook or tablet
  • on existing Windows device, download ProduKey, a program that displays the product key [google online to download program]
  • unzip ProduKey, click on installer; copy product key
  • on Xiaomi Notebook, press Windows key, look for 激活 [Activation], then select 更改产品密钥 [change product key]
  • key in product key, Windows will download files then prompt to restart
  • after restart, press Windows key, look for 区域和语言 [Region & language settings], click on 添加语言 [add a language], select language, e.g. English (Singapore)
  • after language is added, select it and choose 设置为默认语言 [set as default]
  • restart xiaomi notebook again, you should now see Windows in English

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +36 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-09-10 23:08:29
Favorites3 RateRate
I was about to throw away 2 old notebooks. Looks like I'll need to download ProduKey first. :) At least give the 2 notebooks a new life! Haha!
2017-09-10 23:39:30
Awesome sharing. Now we have more reasons to get it!
2017-09-11 13:50:13
Once a Mi Fan, always a Mi Fan.

Pro Bunny

odyessy35 | from MI MAX 2

they should try to launch other country to prevent such
2017-09-11 17:06:19
Preinstall windows is win 10 home. You need update the windows 10 from home  version to professional version. I bought a win 10 pro serial key.   then update to pro version via system update. after update,  then i am able to change the language in control panel.

check my post https://c.mi.com/thread-751159-1-0.html
2018-02-02 23:13:36