In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Community

[Announcement] Doing our Part June: WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY

2021-06-05 16:00:00
4217 83

Hi Mi Fans

You know me by now, I like to engage with our users on all sorts of subjects. But it's all well and good, chatting about tech and fun things, but now I'd like to be a bit more serious. We now have a big platform here, thanks to the efforts of all of you Fans, and what's the point of that if we don't try and make something with it?
So we decided that we'd use it to try and do some good, or at least raise some awareness about important issues. And maybe, if we can do so, make it a monthly column :)
And what a better way to start it than by embracing the United Nations' World Environment Day? I absolutely love the fact it's been around for longer than I have, and that they really are a great way to talk about issues that really need to be talked about. This year, the theme is Ecosystem restoration, and will be hosted by Pakistan (it's a roving host, and each country adds their own viewpoint to the subject)

I couldn't help but copy their brief, as I think it is spot-on :

REIMAGINE. RECREATE. RESTORE.
This is our moment.
We cannot turn back time. But we can grow trees, green our cities, rewild our gardens, change our diets and clean up rivers and coasts. We are the generation that can make peace with nature.
Let’s get active, not anxious. Let’s be bold, not timid.

You can get more details HERE

So, what about what WE can do on this day? Well, I'd love to have a conversation with our fans, on how they try and help the environment, as every little effort counts, and who knows, we may give great ideas to others, and make a difference. So please tell us, and in return, get the first medal of the Doing our Part series

And of course, I'll start. And I'll admit, I'm not nearly doing enough, just the little things like recycling and driving an electric car. But I used to help with an urban regeneration project, that not only cleaned up places in dire need of it, but as well rehabilitated spaces, using donated plants and seeds, salvaged wood and the like, and not only it felt really good to see a place that was completely avoided by the locals become a nice meeting place again, but it was great for fitness purposes. Sadly, the last few years have been rather rough, and I had to drop out of it. But you never know, we might start our own project :P

So, Mi Fans, what do you do to help your Ecosystem? Or, if you do not already do something, what do you think would help, or you would love getting involved with?

2021-06-05 16:00:00
Favorites27 RateRate
my ecosystem is my home, and we try to re-duce, re-use and recycle.<br>
for example when we needed furniture for we first start looking on local Freecycle and Trash nothing, some time and elbow grease later we have something that us way better than what we would get from IKEA, now we do upcycling projects just to safe things from landfills.
2021-06-05 16:22:14
HelloPiotr
LoveI am quite sad because I can hardly do anything to make the environment where I live better.  All I can do is limit my plastic waste, recycle it if I can!  :(
2021-06-05 17:10:05

Super moderator

Torlyn Author |

Phạm Ngô Tuấn Vũ replied at 2021-06-05 10:10:05
LoveI am quite sad because I can hardly do anything to make the environment where I live better.  All I can do is limit my plastic waste, recycle it if I can!  :(

It's not a bad start, if everyone did the same we'd be in a lot less of a mess :D
2021-06-05 17:23:30

Semi Pro Bunny

shingpkp | from app

I would always repair or up cycle gadgets before even consider recycling it.
2021-06-05 17:48:57

Master Bunny

Julil358 | from app

Everything that can be recycled I'm separating and put in different garbage contenars... everything that I can reuse I'm trying to reuse...we should be aware that we have just one planet and we should be able to save it..
2021-06-05 18:11:58

Grand Master Bunny

Tommy Joshon | from Redmi Note 9S

I reuse plastic bottles a lot, I also use some of the byproduct to make fertilizer for my plants, and even use them as decorations. My first intention is to save money by the way XD
2021-06-05 18:12:46

Super moderator

Torlyn Author |

Tommy Joshon replied at 2021-06-05 11:12:46
I reuse plastic bottles a lot, I also use some of the byproduct to make fertilizer for my plants, and even use them as decorations. My first intention is to save money by the way XD

It's funny, one of the things that's not pushed enough. The fact that it's not JUST to save the planet in the near future, but as well, it's easy, can be fun, and definitely saves a lot of cash :D
2021-06-05 18:15:05

Master Bunny

Didin Wahidin | from Mi 10

I often plant plants, especially fruit plants in the yard of the house, apart from maintaining the ecosystem, of course, after growing big, the trees we plant will definitely bear fruit again and we can enjoy them for free.
2021-06-05 18:53:59
I apply the rule of the 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle) and at home I have this set of bags to classify and the garbage can for organic matter.

2021-06-05 18:56:47

Master Bunny

RagiL123 | from app

Environmental restoration is an effort to return the ecosystem to its original condition, which includes efforts to prevent and overcome various natural damage caused by human activities.
2021-06-05 19:16:17