In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Q&A] How do i unlock my device? (PLEASE HELP ME) *This device is locked*

2021-06-02 09:30:31
291 3
I previously added a thread where i asked for help, because my Note 7 had an error (Provision keeps stopping). So i managed to fix it flashing MIUI 12, but now i have a problem with this screen that appears saying "This device is locked" and that i need a password to activate it. In the previous thread i said that my phone is an used device, i bought it from facebook marketplace, and i know that i need to contact with the previous user if i want to activate it.. The problem is that i suspect that this phone is stolen. In the "Activate this device" screen, appears a number with 4 digits censored, and the seller's number doesn't match with any of the digits. That might not say 100% that the phone is stolen, but he does not even answer one of my calls, same with the messages, he practically dissapeared.
Is there anything i can do to unlock my phone? Please, i live in Venezuela, and i worked almost a year to buy a good phone. I don't want to feel like i threw my money into the trash.

If there is a solution to this problem, anyone, please let me know.
2021-06-02 09:30:31
Favorites RateRate

Wizard Bunny

Hyx (jwchips) | from Redmi Note 9 Pro

While I can sympathise with your position, removing the lock on a stolen device isn't the answer. This is exactly what the feature is supposed to do..
2021-06-02 14:05:04

Rookie Bunny

Jeremixto Author |

Hyx (jwchips)  replied at 2021-06-02 01:35:04
While I can sympathise with your position, removing the lock on a stolen device isn't the answer. This is exactly what the feature is supposed to do..

Then what do i do? How do i even return the phone to the original owner? If it is really a stolen phone.
2021-06-02 15:32:56

Wizard Bunny

Hyx (jwchips) | from Redmi Note 9 Pro

The idea is that if you know you cannot use a stolen device, you are less likely to steal it in the first place.
I'm sorry but I think you will need to chalk this one up as a learning experience - you can't remove the lock without *at least* knowing the account that it is bound to
2021-06-02 15:45:53