In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 10 Series

[Other] Note 10 Pro Video Call Issue - Caller cannot hear me clearly (my audio is very muffled/distant)

2021-05-04 21:51:19
2707 16
Hi,

I bought a Redmi Note 10 Pro barely a week ago. The phone works fine in all aspects except that video calling on apps like whatsapp, telegram has some noticeable issues.

1. While on video call, I can hear the caller clearly, but they are unable to hear my voice properly. Either the voice is muffled, sounds distant, lags or there is no sound at all.

2. Voice call audio can be heard by the caller perfect and crisp. However switching to the speaker phone makes my voice sound muffled to the caller.

I have tested both mics and speakers via the CIT menu and they work fine. So Im guessing this is a software issue? Is the noise cancellation working too hard and ends up reducing my voice while on video call so much that the caller cant hear me or hears a muffled or distant sound?

Any advice or fix will be much appreciated. Thank you.
2021-05-04 21:51:19
Favorites RateRate
Dear user, try to report the problem ... according to what you comment, it must be a software problem that is causing a conflict with third-party applications

If you can verify with another device that is not a connection problem, it would be effective
2021-05-04 23:29:47

Rookie Bunny

ibnRushd Author |

Fdroko replied at 2021-05-04 23:29:47
Dear user, try to report the problem ... according to what you comment, it must be a software problem that is causing a conflict with third-party applications

If you can verify with another device that is not a connection problem, it would be effective

I have tested calling 3-4 devices in 2 countries, with the Redmi Note 10 Pro as well as another phone (Samsung note 8). This isnt an issue due to connection as the calls/video calls/speakerphone calls works flawlessly on the Samsung. Only the Redmi Note 10 Pro has issues while on video call and on speakerphone.

Also its not just limited to 3rd party apps, even the native calling app has issues when on speaker phone, the other person cannot hear me clearly.
2021-05-05 15:01:41
Can confirm. While making simple phone calls a lot of people are complaining about the "bad connection"(interrupted line, bad sound etc). I can hear them clearly. Yesterday I rechecked it with my Redmi Note 7 (Lavender) with same sim card. Called all people back and no problems at all.

Seems Xiaomi should better concentrate one better software development instead of introducing millions of different phone models every year
2021-05-06 02:38:50
realme 7 P
I just got my redmi note 10 pro on Sunday. And i am having the same issue. All my friends are telling the same thing.
I am not sure if for video call the software is using the top mic only or what? I did a test with *#*#6484#*#* and the top mic is having the same soft or muffled sound. But main mic is is capturing the audio just nicely.

So could this be software or hardware problem?
2021-05-06 12:17:28
I've seen quite a few reviews on Youtube. Everytime they make a comparison of the video capability from the camera, videos all sound very soft compared to the other phones. This could be related to this problem as well.
Don't forget to report this problem through the feedback app.
2021-05-06 20:33:33
I'm having the same issue, the other person can't hear me well when the loudspeaker is on but, when it is off everything's clear. I asked from all other groups and some are experiencing too the same issue when having a call. I hope this will get fixed.
2021-05-07 15:56:36
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #7

Rookie Bunny

ibnRushd Author |

Did anyone get any fix for this issue?
2021-05-16 10:05:36

Rookie Bunny

ibnRushd Author |

dapest replied at 2021-05-06 12:17:28
I just got my redmi note 10 pro on Sunday. And i am having the same issue. All my friends are telling the same thing.
I am not sure if for video call the software is using the top mic only or what? I did a test with *#*#6484#*#* and the top mic is having the same soft or muffled sound. But main mic is is capturing the audio just nicely.

My hunch is that it is a software bug...as the mics work independently just fine. CIT menu tests do not show that the mic (both the top and bottom) have any problem.
2021-05-16 15:46:58

Semi Pro Bunny

davitbaki | from Mi Note 10 Lite

I have the same issue and some other problems (see my thread). I will send the phone back and buy any other.
2021-05-17 00:51:11