In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Gaming

[Gaming Videos] Genshin takes Legal Action! ..... not really but really

2021-04-29 20:32:47
463 5
V1.5 is here guys! And your friendly neighborhood Mod has got an adventure to share!

Something I've noticed with the Genshin player community is that they see the word gacha and immediately assume that this game will try to trick them into spending money on the game. The fact that people actually have spent a crazy amount of money on this game didn't help. Genshin's already made over $1 billion after only half a year which was only rivaled by Pokemon Go after their first 9 months.

But over time I'm noticed several behaviors and beliefs that helped to reinforce those anti-gacha beliefs. For one there's this really popular f2p player called Enviosity who has followed the strategy of saving up and skipping banners in order to guarantee that the character they want has to appear. It sounds great. But there is a glaring weakness in the fact that these players are skipping over banners. Every banner comes with less rare characters called 4 star characters. While also not guaranteed they are much easier to get than the 5 star rare character of the banner. By skipping over these banners players end up losing out on these characters. Enviosity to this day only has a single 5 star character and hardly any gacha only 4 star characters. (This game also has many earnable characters. We're about to have an event that will earn players a free Diona 4 star character.) Because he had so few characters he really wanted a new character Rosaria that recently released. He wasn't able to get her with the gacha pulls he let himself use and was very upset by the experience.

Reading the comments on his video shows many players have experienced this same thing and feel the same disappointment. Well too much disappointment and that leads people to believing that it's the game's fault. But now look at my video. Yanfei is the brand new character that just came out. You see I already got 2 of her. Now that is just luck but the reason why it's more likely I'd have this luck is that I'm not saving. I can spend as many gacha pulls as I want to get her because I already have every 4 star character. Now that I have 2 and I also already have the 5 star character of this banner not to mention all the other 4 stars I actually do have the luxury to skip the banner. The only thing I could get from it now is to hopefully get more copies of the 5 star since he's very good.

Anyway the last part of the video felt really long and boring. I don't know what they were thinking but law isn't an interesting subject in an adventure game. Learning about how lawyers build cases is not fun. At all. But with that out of the way I'll be getting into the brand new Homeworld feature of this game! It's basically a build-a-city game like Animal Crossing or Sim City but you can then play Genshin in this custom designed mini-region! And the stuff they already have is gorgeous! I can't wait to get in this and get my Homeworld set up! And then pictures. Pictures for days! (Also my now 25/31 characters can all appear there in next month's update! I can't wait!)
2021-04-29 20:32:47
Favorites RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

Suter | from app

Thanks for sharing
2021-04-30 05:27:41
Thanks for replying! You know I give Yanfei's story a hard time but I'm pretty happy for her character. She's pretty much a 4 star Klee in my opinion which I hoped to add to my team. Also it's pretty impressive how many kinds of characters they've been able to come up with.

We've got a new event coming up tomorrow so I'll see if there's anything there to show off!
2021-04-30 08:38:57

Intern Moderator

DaMgaSea | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Thanks for sharing
2021-04-30 09:42:37

Master Bunny

m.faiz.z | from Redmi Note 4

nice gameplay, keep it up
2021-05-01 03:25:22
Thanks guys! The new event's started but I think Mihoyo were like "we're making these guys play 2 hour long quests this time. Let's ease off on the event's quest." So the event doesn't really have much to show. It is pretty fun though so if you guys play I hope you're enjoying it!
2021-05-01 07:54:11