In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Other] Automatic screen brightness when in the sun

2021-03-13 21:37:04
190 8
It seems like the brightness of my Note 9 is changing whenever I'm in the sunlight. As if it wasn't on max brightness already. Any one got any tips or fix for this?

Thanks!

/9410besi
2021-03-13 21:37:04
Favorites RateRate

happybuddhist | from MI 9

Automatic brightness is normally capped at a certain level in normal lighting conditions. But when exposed to direct sunlight, ie, when the light sensor gets information with too much light falling on it, that's when the display pushes out the maximum brightness. It's the same in all devices. If you check the specs of a device, there will be a noted 'max brightness', which is the maximum achievable brightness in direct exposure to sunlight. It is normal and it helps with visibility. If you don't want this feature though, you need to switch to manual brightness as manually you cannot trigger this high level of brightness.
Cheers! :-)
2021-03-14 09:55:13
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series

Rookie Bunny

9410besi Author | from app

happybuddhist
Automatic brightness is normally capped at a certain level in normal lighting conditions. But when exposed to direct sunlight, ie, when the light sensor gets information with too much light falling on it, that's when the display pushes out the maximum brightness. It's the same in all devices. If you check the specs of a device, there will be a noted 'max brightness', which is the maximum achievable brightness in direct exposure to sunlight. It is normal and it helps with visibility. If you don't want this feature though, you need to switch to manual brightness as manually you cannot trigger this high level of brightness.

I realized I've forgotten to mention that I've turned automatic brightness of and it still does this 😅
2021-03-14 15:27:11
Have you disabled "Sunlight mode" too?
2021-03-14 18:00:43

Advanced Bunny

6340816089 | from app

happybuddhist

my phone acts as if automatic brightness and sunlight mode was on when outside and or in car even when both settings are off it acts as if they were both on when they're not
2021-03-15 00:01:59

Rookie Bunny

Where do I find the sunlight mode setting?
2021-03-15 19:12:44

Rookie Bunny

I don't seem to have it in my display settings
2021-03-15 19:18:33
9410besi replied at 2021-03-15 12:18:33
I don't seem to have it in my display settings

Right in that screen, except where it says "Night Mode" on your screen I have "Sunlight mode"...

2021-03-16 04:31:41

Rookie Bunny

Right in that screen, except where it says "Night Mode" on your screen I have "Sunlight mode"...

What phone do you have?
2021-03-16 04:35:41