In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 10T/Pro

[Other] [Debate - Battle Of Minds #7] Software Updates vs Hardware Upgrade: Which one do you Prefer..?

2021-03-08 13:21:33
2019 30
Hey Mi Fans..!
Wassup Guys..!

So, in the last debate i.e [Debate - Battle Of Minds #6] Refresh rates in smartphones really matter to you? Let's Debate! Out of 35 people, 30 people share their views as it is the future.  Glad to know your opinions. Now, we are back again with another fascinating topic for all of you guys, “Software Updates vs Hardware Upgrade”. The hardware and the software operating system are the two fundamental things needed by a smartphone to function. However, what do you think is better to consider more especially when buying a smartphone? Is it its hardware specification, or the software it comes with..! that’s why we came up with this Topic.

UPDATE vs UPGRADE
          The Update carries with it the implicit function of recency as occurs in a flowing current of time, thus its root word "date." The prefix “up” idiomatically refers to greater recency (than prior possessed/known) in that time flow. Thus, to make something newer is to update it. To give someone newer information is to update them or to provide an update.

Upgrade has a root of "grade" that in this case means a height level or (point on an) increasing slope. To upgrade is to move up a gradient (think ramp, hill, or steppes) to a higher (connoting "better") level. An upgrade thus denotes an upward, typically positive movement, denoting improvement within its context of use.

Software Updates
          The software on the other hand is the program that runs the hardware of the smartphone. Without it, no hardware would function. The software coming out from the display screen is what we interact with the most. User-friendly and beautiful software interfaces give us joy and ease so considering a smartphone's operating system is also important. Popular mobile operating systems include Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry OS. Android, being an open-source operating system offers different looks and features depending on their software developers. Popular android OS’s include MIUI, OxygenOS, Paranoid Android, and the stock AOSP. And one important thing to know is that hardware won't function without software.

Hardware Upgrade
          The hardware of a smartphone includes all physical components which are built inside it. It includes the CPU chipset, the ram, camera lens, sensors, display technology, the battery, and more. They play a very vital role in the smartphone's performance and features. The software cannot work without its corresponding hardware. A camera app needs camera hardware, a compass app needs compass hardware, so on and so forth. And also, smartphones nowadays don't have interchangeable hardware parts yet so considering the hardware first before the software is a good thing. The software could limit the hardware's capability but the software has always room for fixes and improvements.

When it comes to the contrast between these two things, It all depends on what type of user you are and also depends on OEM’s too. I’m saying the user choice here because some people always want to show their new in their mobiles, gadgets &, etc.. that type of people go for the Hardware Upgrades. I’m saying OEMs here because they provide longer-time software updates to some of their products. So, as long as there is no issue with the product, the user can be happy with the service and he doesn’t want the change also.

We all want both Good Software accompanied with Fantastic Hardware.
but Incase you were asked that which should you prefer..?
Let’s vote below and share your view in the comment section..!

Previous Debates:
End Time: 2021-06-03 17:05:00
VS
For 50
I Prefer Software Updates
Against 9
I Prefer Hardware Upgrade
2021-03-08 13:21:33
Favorites5 RateRate

Banned

Turbosaki | from Mi 9T Pro

Voted
2021-03-08 14:14:38
Prefer software update because the software is the main machine to operat the hardware
2021-03-08 14:18:07
Prodip Kumar Biswas
Newswire Team
Mi Community Bangladesh

Rookie Bunny

6196767811 | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

I prefer software updates because is more important than hardware because the software will allow to your system to be optimized even more and continue to improve via air updates
2021-03-08 14:37:02

Master Bunny

Leonitis | from Redmi Note 9 Pro

Software updates is my pick
2021-03-08 14:46:19
Voted
2021-03-08 15:48:36

Wizard Bunny

1860bodo | from Mi 9T Pro

voted
2021-03-08 18:31:30

Semi Pro Bunny

6393954429 | from app

Hardware upgrades is always welcome but without a good, functional, productive and stable software worth nothing, so software updates is most important and for me have priority over hardware upgrades. As I said, without a good, functional, productive, well optimized software, hardware worth nothing.
2021-03-08 18:41:24

Master Bunny

Iswarran | from Redmi Note 8

software better because hardware is impossible need to paid money if want to upgrade the hardware
2021-03-08 19:42:00

Rookie Bunny

Abdur121 | from app

i think without proper hardwire you can't upgrade your phone by just improving software. For example obviously a 108 megapixel hmx samsung sensor would be better than 64 megapixel sony sensor. So i think even though software is important but hardwire should be upgraded first.
2021-03-08 19:45:47

Rookie Bunny

Abdur121 | from app

Iswarran
software better because hardware is impossible need to paid money if want to upgrade the hardware

obviously in this world you don't get anything for free, you have to pay for everything
2021-03-08 19:47:26