In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Smart Home

[Discussion] Mi Home Security Camera 360° DANGEROUS

2021-03-04 20:52:47
725 6
Beware, this camera  records audio every second it is in operation, i have this in the living room viewing my front enterance, on playing back recordings it recorded the tv sound, speach etc i have been in touch with xiaomi who confirm this and i CAN NOT be disabled and depending on feedback it may consider it be updated in the next update, danderous very dangerous.

2021-03-04 20:52:47
Favorites2 RateRate

Master Bunny

Nad. nan | from app

if you are so concerned turn it off when not needed, all security cameras record sound so not a big deal.
2021-03-04 21:41:23
I may be missing the point here, But why is it dangerous, The idea of a security camera is to monitor what is happening. If you setup a security camera in your home don't you want it to monitor what is happening in your home ? If you are worried that it is spying on you turn it off while you are at home.
2021-03-04 22:06:03
Keep your phone updated with all the latest app, security and system updates.
Click here for details.
Backup data with Xiaomi Cloud and Google Sync.
Click here for details.

Master Bunny

Evermore | from app

If you feel uncomfortable with recording sound let's say, when you are at home, you can go on settings and set sleep times. but a camera is there to monitor so there is really nothing wrong with that feature
2021-03-04 22:32:39

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

I second what the users have been saying, it's the camera's job to monitor the place,both audio and video. It's dead easy to switch off, so...
2021-03-04 23:15:55

Pro Bunny

RandomTask | from app

I assume its normal, I just turn mine off when not needed. I suppose it's like Alexa or Google's one which constantly monitors voices and sounds
2021-03-05 00:05:57

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

I only turn mine on when I am out or got to bed, is that not the purpose?
2021-03-05 17:04:49