In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5

[Discussion] Redmi Note 5 Pro Battery Problem

2021-03-01 04:46:20
197 7
After 2 years of using Radmi Note 5 Pro the battery started dropping very fast - 15% in the coarse of 10 minutes while with screen off. I tried rebooting the phone, but the battery issue continues. The phone has 3 apps installed on it, they haven't been updated for several months, so I don't think it's an app problem. It's usually on max brightness but that hasn't ever been an issue. I'm running it on MIUI version 10.2.1.0 with Android 8.1 . Should I update the MIUI or maybe do something else? It was all working fine a couple of days ago.
2021-03-01 04:46:20
Favorites RateRate

Wizard Bunny

Anjar Arkhana | from app

Hii.... if you are comfortable using with that miui version i think no problem if you dont wanna update a MIUI version,,, your device was  2 years old used and have a drop very fast as that, i think it will probably trouble in a battery, is time to have a get a new one for that.
2021-03-01 14:28:07
It would be a good idea to check for updates and apply any that you find. There are some bargains available on new phones at the moment on the Mi website if you are looking to upgrade.   Mi UK
2021-03-01 17:10:26
Keep your phone updated with all the latest app, security and system updates.
Click here for details.
Backup data with Xiaomi Cloud and Google Sync.
Click here for details.

Pro Bunny

RandomTask | from app

has this issue suddenly appeared or gradually battery has deteriorated over the two years? have u checked battery usage info to see what's been using up so much power?
2021-03-01 17:41:14

Rookie Bunny

6285169415 Author | from app

RandomTask
has this issue suddenly appeared or gradually battery has deteriorated over the two years? have u checked battery usage info to see what's been using up so much power?

The issue suddenly appeared yesterday after I charged the phone. I don't ever leave the phone in the charger for long. I always take it off the charger as soon as it has fully charged or as much as 5 minutes after the battery is full. I use the charger that was included in the box, never used another one. In the battery usage it says that the screen is decreasing the battery. I tried lowering the brightness but still the same problem persists. I tried stopping and eventually removing an add blocker I had installed, just in case it was it's fault but it didn't fix the issue. 12 hours later the phone is at 45% battery with Chrome being used for 15 minutes, Viber being used for 10 minutes and having 2 phonecalls for about 5 minutes in total.
2021-03-01 19:21:22

Rookie Bunny

6285169415 Author | from app

South of the Humber
It would be a good idea to check for updates and apply any that you find. There are some bargains available on new phones at the moment on the Mi website if you are looking to upgrade.   Mi UK

I don't have the financials to get a new phone right now. Do you think maybe a new battery could fix the issue, given that where I live a battery change is way cheaper than buying a new phone? I'll consider updating the MIUI, even though I'm very comfortable with the version in currently running it on. I read that in one of the new versions there were quite a lot of bugs and that stopped me from updating it. Thank you for your help.
2021-03-01 19:26:52
6285169415 replied at 2021-03-01 11:26:52
I don't have the financials to get a new phone right now. Do you think maybe a new battery could fix the issue, given that where I live a battery change is way cheaper than buying a new phone? I'll consider updating the MIUI, even though I'm very comfortable with the version in currently running it on. I read that in one of the new versions there were quite a lot of bugs and that stopped me from updating it. Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately rechargeable batteries do not last forever and do deteriorate over time. I do not know if there are any bugs in the newer versions of MIUI for your phone, But if it was me I would update it to see if there is any improvement. As far as the battery goes, If it is the battery and you can get a new one fitted for a reasonable price, Then that should solve the problem.
2021-03-01 19:45:10
Keep your phone updated with all the latest app, security and system updates.
Click here for details.
Backup data with Xiaomi Cloud and Google Sync.
Click here for details.

Admin

Torlyn |

6285169415 replied at 2021-03-01 11:26:52

Updates are always better, and safer. You have read there were bugs, but frankly, you are on a completely outdated version of your OS, and that's going to be the worst possible for anything. Just be sure to backup your phone beforehand, both app, data, pics etc, and maybe do a reset after installing the update, it always helps cleaning out the gunge that accumulates over the years.
2021-03-01 20:41:35