In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A1

[Q&A] How to get unlock token

2021-02-25 05:47:06
547 1
My phone is not booting and I cannot repair it, because it’s bootloader was locked (as was suggested).
Every solution that I’ve checked on Google (from 100+ pages) requires an unlocked bootloader,
I cannot enter into recovery mode because new Xiaomi models are “too secure”
MiPCSuite is useless, because it doesn’t like fastboot, and asks me to connect via USB, presumably through “USB debugging” enabled, which I cannot do
So my question is, how do I get the unlock token from Xiaomi, so that I can repair my own phone?
Thank you

I was using Xiaomi Mi A1 (AndroidOne), with latest updates installed (Android 9)

2021-02-25 05:47:06
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6424526380 Author |

Update: It seems MiUnluck doesn't support AndroidOne phones, but like everything related to Xiaomi products, there is no "official" answer for that.
I disassembled my phone at the cost of scratching the phone, which was looking as if it was bought anew, and found out that even EDL mode requires authorization.
Sec_Boot0 PKHash-Index:0 OEM_PKHash: True Auth_Enabled: TrueUse_Serial: False
Sec_Boot1 PKHash-Index:0 OEM_PKHash: True Auth_Enabled: TrueUse_Serial: False
Sec_Boot2 PKHash-Index:0 OEM_PKHash: True Auth_Enabled: TrueUse_Serial: False

So, is my only option fishing for "leaked" Mi accounts, and/or waiting for benevolent hackers to find an exploit in the bootloader. Is that not a too stupid position to be in?
We cannot solve a simple software problem, because Xiaomi doesn't care a bit for their customers.
2021-03-07 22:04:58