In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

TechLab

[Others] [TechLab Team] Xiaomi Mi 11 vs Mi 10 : A great evolution at a lower cost !

2021-02-21 00:23:25
15060 62
Hi Mi fan !
With the recent release of the Mi 11 and since I’m lucky enough to also have the Mi 10, I figured that I can show you a little comparison between those two great phones !
Design :
So the first thing that I noticed right away is the change in the design, with a new photo module different from the previous one that I’m my opinion looks really nice.
Another difference is in the coating of the phone which takes less fingerprints and which I find is prettier with this kind of matte black color.
For the detailed dimensions :
Mi 10 : 74.8 mm • 162.5 mm • 8.96 mm •  208g
Mi 11 : 74.6 mm • 164.3 mm • 8.1 mm •  196g
In my opinion, the Mi 11 looks better, the coating is nice, it’s lighter and thinner and I also prefer the photo module.

Screen :
For the screen on the Mi 10 there is a 6.67” screen with an FHD + resolution, 90hz refresh rate and 800 nits while on the Mi 11 there is a 6.81" screen, 120hz and a WQHD+ resolution and 1500 nits.
Clearly the Mi 11 is better and it also has the latest version of corning gorilla glass Victus for better protection.
Here again the Mi 11 brings a real improvement in terms of the larger size, a better refresh rate and above all a better resolution. It is really pleasant to use.
We also have a lot of AI-related functions to improve the rendering of videos and photos that are not available on the Mi 10.

Audio :
For audio we have stereo in both cases.
The Mi 11 sound on the other hand was customized by Harmon Cardon.
I haven't heard much difference in use, the Mi 10 was already very good and it’s still that good on the Mi 11.

Another interesting point that I discovered during the global conference, on the Mi 11 you can connect two bluetooth audio devices at the same time, so either if you are two people listening with headphones, or have two bluetooth speakers in the room.
That’s not that common and worth noticing.

Performance :
For the processor, the Mi 11 is equipped with the latest Snapdragon, the 888 while the 865 is inside the Mi 10.
You can see in these different benchmarks that I obtained a score of 553,721 on Mi 10 and 699,130 ​​on Mi 11.
During the benchmark, the Mi 11 increased by 12°C to reach 36°C while the Mi 10 increased by 7 °C to reach 30 °C.

The Mi 11 went higher in term of temperature but its not that hot when using it and I really think that updates will come and improve this even more.
The Mi 11 is better but it does not mean that the Mi 10 is not good and that it is completely overtaken. Not at all actually you will also be able to play games and navigate smoothly on the phone Mi 10 for a while.

Battery life :
Regarding the battery life, I did notice a difference in favor of the Mi 10 while using the app PCMark to emulate a regular usage of the phone.
The Mi 11 went from 100% to 20% in 9h25 while on the Mi 10 lasted 14 hours

The Mi 11 has a slightly smaller battery of 4600mah while the Mi 10 has 4780mah.

Of course, it should also be taken into account that the Mi 10 was released for 1 year now and  it had several updates that have improved performance and more over the Mi 11 as a refresh rate of 120hz and better resolution on the screen which consumes more power.

Well, we could also take into account that the Mi 11 has a faster charge with the 55W charger so we can recharge the smartphone faster, that may eventually balance the results.

Photo/video:
Regarding the number of sensors we have less on the Mi 11, but it doesn’t matter that much as you’ll see.

We again have the 108 MP sensor, an ultra wide angle and a macro sensor on both phone.
On the Mi 10 we will also have a depth of field sensor for portraits.
For selfie, both have a  20MP sensor.

Generally speaking, on the ultra wide angle and the main sensor, I saw no difference between the two.
The Mi 10 is the first and Mi 11 the second, both using the main sensor.

Sorry for the differents size. I didn't pay attention that the Mi 11 was on 9:16 format and the Mi 10 on 3:4.

I saw a little more sharpness in the image on the Mi 11 using the zoom x2, which is therefore a zoom inside the main sensor, no doubt that the software is more optimized and that this improves the rendering.

The Mi 10 is on the first and the Mi 11 the second, both with Zoom x2

The macro sensor of the Mi 11 also has better resolution and gives better results. So even if the difference is not that obvious, the Mi 11 is doing a little better.

Another point is that they added some additional modes on the Mi 11, a parallel mode, a freeze mode, etc. So it's not necessarily things that you would use a lot but at least it’s there when you need it.

We also have a night video mode on the Mi 11 which is new, if you do a lot of video at night or in dark places it can also be interesting.

If you want to see more pictures and videos, you can check out my Youtube video below. It’s in french but you can go to 06:12 for the photo/video examples taken in different conditions or watch the whole video to see more pictures of the phones themselves.

Price/Conclusion:

Last year when the Mi 10 was launched the starting price was set at 799 € for France.
And I was surprised to find out that this year the Mi 11 is launched at 749€ in Europe and unlike its competitor it does come with a 55W charger included in the box.

I really think that this is a good price as we have better specs for less price than last year.

To conclude, I really think that there is a great evolution between those two phones. Almost every part of the phone is better than last year and we also have a better price. I don’t know what could have been better except the photo part but they have to leave some space for the Pro version that we all are waiting for !

I can’t wait to see what Xiaomi has planned for this year !

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2021-02-21 00:23:25
Favorites48 RateRate
Great article! I was expecting someone would compare these two.
2021-02-21 02:58:16
Matheus Velloso
Mi Explorer from Brasilia, Brazil
@mathvelloso

TechLab Team

Chinaddict Author | from app

Mathvelloso
Great article! I was expecting someone would compare these two.

Thanks ! Glad that you liked it :)
2021-02-21 03:11:20

Wizard Bunny

Mi-FE | from app

Great, thanks for sharing.
2021-02-21 04:30:37

TechLab Team

Chinaddict Author | from app

Mi-FE
Great, thanks for sharing.

:)
2021-02-21 05:16:56
Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing
2021-02-21 20:11:16

Grand Master Bunny

RichG | from MI 8

Thank you for sharing.
2021-02-21 20:22:55

Grand Master Bunny

myrichgoh | from Mi 10 Pro

Thanks for sharing...
2021-02-21 21:15:29

Wizard Bunny

Suter | from app

Interesting comparison, thanks for posting
2021-02-22 04:25:46
Cool, I like this :D
2021-02-26 00:42:57
Suter replied at 2021-02-22 00:25:46
Interesting comparison, thanks for posting

how xiaomi works at gaming. I want good gaming performance. for games GTA san andreas crafting and building geometry dash
2021-02-26 03:48:26
-/