In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/Pro

[Unboxing & Review] REDMI Note 9T - Not your ordinary Redmi Note

2021-02-06 10:06:03
870 5

What’s up Xiaomi fans! Christian here from All About Mi in YouTube, I have been using this phone for about 2 weeks now and I am definitely impressed with this phone.

Redmi Note 9T 5G – Probably the last variant of the Redmi Note 9 Series and the latest addition to Xiaomi's most popular series, Redmi Note which has sold more than 20 million phones worldwide since they release.

I did an unboxing of this phone a couple of weeks ago and you can click here to watch the unboxing.

Let me point out that the box was not wrapped in plastic which is a drive by Xiaomi starting with the Mi 10T Pro to reduce plastic waste.

Let's check out the phone exterior. This is the nightfall black colour which has a nice back fingerprint-resistant texture. It is plastic but definitely no finger print smudge at all. They call the back 'Unibody 3D Curve' because of its curve edges. We can use from the back the REDMI 5G logo and the camera panel with its triple camera and the flash. Looking at the top 2nd speaker, IR blaster and microphone. At the side we have the finger print scanner/power button and the volume buttons. And at the bottom be have the headphones jack, microphone, type c port and the main speaker. On the other side we have the sim tray. It has a Dual SIM card + MicroSD slot and this is one of the highlight of this phone apart from that this supports 5G but it also has a dual 5G standby. Which gives you more reasons to love this phone. It has a great 5G signal because of its 360° Symmetrical Antenna Layout. What it means is that it has 4 antennas.  

At the front we have the 6.53” FHD+ DotDisplay LCD screen. It is still rich in colours even though it is just an LCD screen. And the has a crisp display with its 395ppi. It has a Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 and a 450Nits brightness. As always it is gentle on the eyes because of its low blue light emission certified by TÜV Rheinland.

So far no noticeable screen leak or screen ghosting.

For a phone as affordable as this one I was surprised it has some great speaker quality. As it has dual speakers. It is loud yet balanced sound great for playing games and watching videos.

And now for its performance, this is what Xiaomi is famous for affordable/honest pricing but the quality is never an issue. The MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor did not dissapoint. So far it can run with most of the games I play (e.g Call of DUty Mobile, PUBG Mobile, Asphat 9, Arena of Valor and Mobile Legends). I will be doing a full performance review so stay tune.

It has a huge battery of 5000mAh which easily last more than a day and I was surprised because it only weighs 199g. The Redmi Note 9T has a fast 18W charging and it comes with a fast 22.5W charger.

I had a great time testing the camera both for videos and taking photos. I do have limited places to test though because of the UK national lockdown. It has its strengths as well as weakness as well let's start by taking about it's rear cameras.

It has triple rear cameras, the 48MP wide-angle camera is the main shooter. sample photos both 48mp and regular photos. Unfortunately it does not come with an Ultra Wide angle lens. The 48mp photos are great looking photos even when you zoom in you will still get a clear quality.

It also has a 2MP macro lens and a 2MP Depth sensor camera for a great portrait shots.

Here's a night photo sample.

You can shoot 4K videos @ 30fps,1080p video recording 30/ 60fps. You can get smooth footage on the 1080p 30 fps but frame is cropped. Unfortunately the 1080P 60 fps and the 4K 30fps does not have electronic stabilisation. You must have a very steady hands or why not use a gimbal.

Moving along to the front facing 13mp in display camera great photo quality but not so fantastic with low light which is similar to other models it has its beautify auto enabled but you can be adjusted easily. Selfie video has an electronic stabilisation which is a surprising but its great that it has it. Quality wise I would say its normal. You will get a decent quality.

But the cool features does not end there, there's more
  • Water & Dust Resistance
  • NFC (Google Pay Support)
  • Pre installed with the MIUI 12 and android 10
  • AI Face Unlock

In Conclusion, this is a great budget phone, especially you are looking for great performance, decent camera, 5G and NFC capable.

Watch the full Video Review below

Thank you!

2021-02-06 10:06:03
Favorites1 RateRate

Master Bunny

Evermore | from app

Quite impressed with the camera quality, this phone doesn't cease to impress!! When you say the battery lasted more than a day did you do a very heavy use for reviewing purposes? Just curious 😉
2021-02-06 14:51:32
Great review, thanks :D
2021-02-06 16:15:10

Mi Influencer

Mi 甜甜 Author | from Mi 10

Evermore
Quite impressed with the camera quality, this phone doesn't cease to impress!! When you say the battery lasted more than a day did you do a very heavy use for reviewing purposes? Just curious 😉

yes the camera is impressive. As for the battery I used this phone as my main driver and ditched my Mi 10. I tested it with my regular daily use. It lasted more than a day. I will do an in depth battery performance soon.
2021-02-06 20:20:24

Mi Influencer

Mi 甜甜 Author | from Mi 10

Torlyn
Great review, thanks :D

Thanks mate!
2021-02-06 20:23:14
Good, Detailed review with some nice photos, Thanks.
2021-02-07 05:06:07
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.