In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

News & Events

[News] Introducing Xiaomi's First Quad-curved Waterfall Display Concept Smartphone!

2021-02-05 19:43:52
3464 14

Hello Mi Fans,

We are excited to introduce our first Quad-Curved Waterfall Display concept smartphone. Everything you see on the display flows over the edges smoothly and seamlessly, just like water. A revolutionary hyper quad-curved 88-degree surface is born from countless breakthroughs in glass bending and laminating technology to extend the limits of the display to infinity. Another step on our mission to bring you the very latest in technology!

Come take a closer look at our first Quad Curved Waterfall Display concept smartphone, and witness the revolution in glass screen manufacturing and bonding

The Quad Curved Waterfall Display concept smartphone has no ports or buttons. It's a major advance towards a truly port-free unibody smartphone future. The unibody design represents the sum of 46 groundbreaking patents, greater than its parts. Say hello to a smartphone form factor you have never seen before!

88° hyper quad-curved screen, a revolution in manufacturing and bonding

Since flexible displays are part of the new normal, the biggest challenge in producing the industry’s first quad-curved waterfall screen was not in bending the display, but rather in manufacturing a 88° quad-curved glass panel and the 3D bonding process.

The 88° ultra quad-curved glass has virtually broken through the technological limits of glass production. Compared with ordinary curved glass, the difficulty of hot bending increases exponentially. Polishing a piece of such hyper-curved glass with a deep 88° bend on four sides requires self-developed glass processing equipment, hot bending under 800° high temperature and pressure, four different polishing tools, and up to more than ten complex polishing procedures. More importantly, behind such a piece of glass are thousands of attempts.

To attach such a piece of 88° quad-curved glass to a flexible display, an innovative screen stacking design was adopted through our breakthrough 3D bonding process. All of this ensures perfect and flawless screen performance.

Unibody no-port design, a new direction for future smartphones

The shape of the display is indeed a major factor in determining the form of future smartphones. This revolutionary design of Xiaomi ensures that almost all sides of the phone are covered by the display. Thanks to 46 self-developed patented technologies, physical ports and buttons can have their functions replicated by more elegant alternatives.

Groundbreaking technologies and engineering solutions – including ultra-thin piezoelectric ceramics, an industry-first flexible film display acoustic technology, third-generation under-display cameras, wireless charging, eSIM chips, pressure-sensitive touch sensors, and more – are seamlessly integrated together, forming a visionary yet intuitive device.

#InnovationForEveryone

We want to hear from you!

Tell us what you think about Xiaomi's First Quad-curved Waterfall Display Concept Smartphone in the comments section.

Seems like 2021 with Xiaomi is going to be very exciting year.

To the next one,
Lukas
2021-02-05 19:43:52
Favorites3 RateRate

Mi Blogger

DaCruz | from app

It seems great job concept and for famous YouTubers and people but on a day to day I would see myself dropping it and cry like a baby after.
Still amazing look
2021-02-05 20:10:20

Pro Bunny

RandomTask | from app

looks amazing though I think people starting to lean more towards flat displays. like the alpha, it is gorgeous tho 😍
2021-02-05 21:02:51
I agree, It looks very nice, But a flat display that you can fit a good screen protector on is far more practical for day to day use.
2021-02-05 21:13:14
Keep your phone updated with all the latest app, security and system updates.
Click here for details.
Backup data with Xiaomi Cloud and Google Sync.
Click here for details.

Master Bunny

Nad. nan | from app

am I seeing mi mix4? I hope I am
2021-02-05 21:15:20
As said by others, gorgeous as a concept, I imagine the face of other folk if you were to casually put that on a boardroom table :D
In the day-to-day derived products though, one of the things I'd like to see is a back that has some sort of magnetic 'points' so you can put a flat case that has raised translucent sides, to protect the sides from both impact and touch, without impairing the look. And these points could be used as well with a magnetic cable (bit like the Band 5 has for the charger) to transmit data, but as well, serve as a flashing port or an emergency off button.
2021-02-05 21:27:35

Master Bunny

sastraMR | from Redmi Note 9 Pro

how much is it ..
2021-02-05 22:25:55

Less than the Samsung version !
2021-02-06 01:04:10
Keep your phone updated with all the latest app, security and system updates.
Click here for details.
Backup data with Xiaomi Cloud and Google Sync.
Click here for details.

Rookie Bunny

6327805903 | from app

South of the Humber
Less than the Samsung version !

definitely less than the samsung version
2021-02-06 01:31:29

Master Bunny

m.faiz.z | from Redmi Note 4

Nice concept. This will be become beast premium flagship.
2021-02-06 02:59:04

Semi Pro Bunny

Deanoo | from app

Great concept, it's good to see Xiaomi doest just sit back,  you need innovative companies and if they deliver at a affordable price it's great news on both sides.
2021-02-06 03:22:54