In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

Mi Creative Workshop
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Contest] [Mi Creative Workshop] Write Your Mi Tiny Tales. The Best Ones Get a Prize!

2021-02-05 18:09:59
45261 290

Hello Mi Fans,

Welcome to my Mi Creative Workshop. I am sure most of you know me here – I am Torsha, a Mi fan, an ardent Mi lover, a super moderator – that’s the order in which I define myself in the Mi world!

I believe creativity comes in the form of original thought, divergent thinking, inspiration, and imagination. And with all these together we build one of the most in-demand creative skills – Creative Writing! You got it right. Today’s workshop is all about Creative Writing.

All that you need for Creative writing is imagination and creative thinking! Whether you are a scribbler, a would-be journalist, marketing & sales personality, or just a secret diarist, if you can write in a compelling, creative way, it will help you a great deal!

In today’s workshop, we will be focusing on one form of creative writing - short stories! I will try to focus on the important aspects of short story writing that would be useful for you to enhance your writing skill!

Let’s Begin!

****Remember, crafting an original write up always takes time, practice, and persistence.

Parts/ Elements of a Short Story:

Before we go into the step-by-step process of structuring creative writing pieces, it is important to understand the 7 key elements of any short story. These are -

• Plot  -                    The main sequence of events that make up the story
  • Characters-            Characters create your story
  • Settings-               Time, place, and environment where the characters operate      
  • Inciting incident-    The catalyst. The plot-twist.
  • Point of view-         From whose eyes the story is being told.
  • Style-                    Vocabulary, use of imagery, tone,
  • Theme-                 Central message

Here is a simple illustration to make you familiar with the elements in details -

Now how do we structure our creative writing pieces?

Here goes the process of going from an idea to the complete story into a series of small, specific steps. It involves 5 steps together -

• Idea Generation
  • Noting down key points
  • Formulating dialogues
  • Start writing
  • Final touch

That’s all! By keeping these things in mind and with a little bit of patience, practice, the habit of reading and observing the surroundings around us, it becomes easier to express our voice through words and turn our imaginings into a well-crafted unique short story.

Now we come to the most interesting part of our workshop! We have prepared a simple task to jump-start your creativity and brainstorm into something fun to write. Follow my instructions to make your masterpiece of a short tale and show your writing skill to the world and the best ones will be rewarded with Mi products!

Step by step instructions for your Mi Tiny Tales -

• Start with your general story concept - the prompt. That is the root of your story. Here we have made 4 sets of prompts which have 3 elements on each. Pick any of these 1 set ( THREE ELEMENTS) to tell us a story

• Then break it down into more details — acts, and story arcs. For example, here I have picked the first set - (1 Mi Product, Deserted Island, Summer). You can pick anyone.

• Which you then break down even further — into scenes.

Simple and Interesting, right? I have made my story template inspired by Nulis as I find it extremely useful. You can have your format which seems to be suitable for you. You can find my story in the first comment to this thread.

Now Your Turn!

How to participate?

• Pick any of the THREE ELEMENTS (given below) and tell us a story: For example, if you have picked set no. 3. Write a story that will include the words Postcards, Mi 10T Pro, and A Wish.
  • Follow my instructions to create your short tale.
  • Your story should not exceed the word limit of 300
  • Leave a comment with your story in this post; I am going to give you advice on how to improve it.
  • I am going to select the best works and make a new thread to announce the winners.

Pick Your Prompt and start writing your short story in the comments:

Submission Deadline:  February 26th Beijing standard time, GMT + 8:00

Rewards:
First Prize:        Mi Watch Color
Second Prize:   Mi Noise Cancelling Collar Bluetooth Headset
Third Prize:      Mi Bluetooth Collar Earphone

If you have any doubt or question about how to write the short tale, feel free to ask me in the comment section below. I’ll answer all your questions as soon as possible. To know more about Mi Creative Workshop, click the subscribe button down below to follow the column.

Mi Creative Workshop is a space where everyone can come and teach us something new, to use our Xiaomi phone in a more creative way. If you have any special talent or skill that you would like to share with us, join this project by filling this form (https://forms.gle/mcTovtYAaGJERiGX8) and sending a short description of yourself to mi-workshop@xiaomi.com.

Create stories that are quick to read

But Hard to Forget! :)

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +40 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2021-02-05 18:09:59
Favorites106 RateRate
Mi Creative Workshop
A space where everyone can come and teach us something new to use our Xiaomi phone in a more creative way.
13 Article Description     422 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe
Let me start for you all. This is just a simple example made with the first prompt - Mi product, Deserted island, Summer. You can make your stories even shorter as per your plot.

Busy with the making of his sandcastle, Robert failed to notice the sound of a helicopter approaching. Beside him, lies his Mi 8. Now dead due to low battery. The summer sun has made Robert as dry as bone. 7 days have passed after that deadly thunderstorm that forced him to crash-land on this deserted island, ripping off his private jet's wheel. His dream vacation with his wife suddenly turned into a tropical nightmare.

Playing with sand, writing SOS messages and a never-ending wait for rescue has now become the life of Robert.

The crunch of footsteps on the sand and some familiar voices finally broke his trance. He looked around to find Maria, his wife, running towards him along with some other people behind. Only then he noticed the rescue helicopter over there.

Maria hugged him tight and told him how his SOS, made on Sand was found by the aerial search team.

The helicopter took off with the couple having their tears of joy and relief.

(170 words)

2021-02-05 18:17:47
Interesting!
2021-02-05 23:45:24
Shah Md. Sultan
Super Moderator, Mi Community Bangladesh

Read my special thread
awesome, i will enjoy reading beautiful stroies from mi fans this time. wow!
2021-02-06 14:06:28
I will update mine soon. I will write on magic and Xiaomi HQ. I have an idea.
But i have a question. The first illustration you have put. How did you put that scrolling design inside laptop. Photoshop?
2021-02-07 11:46:48
           Story of JD's survival

One fine day when JD was cruising on a ship with his beloved wife Malar.The sun was scorching on the sky making the evening view a romantic one and the couple was taking creative photos with the Mi 9 camera.Suddenly,the sky got dark and huge thundering sounds blasted through the sky.As the whole ship and crew was panicked our hero JD was a cool as cucumber person.So,he kept consoling his wife malar calmly.Next,there was a huge wave approaching towards them and JD knew that this was a solemn danger and he hugged and kissed Malar on the forehead assuming that something danger is gonna happen... He then suddenly took all his survival things including his mi 9 in a sealed box and holding in one hand and his on the other.Then as per his assumption the huge wave came and the ship got wrecked...After that he was awakened by the strong light of the scorching sun...He couldn't remember anything what happened and started searching Malar but he found her dead on the shore.He also found his sealed box next to her.. JD went mad for moments and later realized atleast he should survive to perform her last rites...But he couldn't do it because Malar dead and can't keep her out . So,JD decided to bury her and buried her near the shore and took his wedding ring and wore it in his hand as a remembrance...Although JD was a strong hearted man he was weakened by the Malar's death...This made him so sad and JD started crying and weeping over her in the stranded island...He started to explore with his mi 9 on hand but nothing helped later a rescue helicopter was passing by but he missed to get their attention and all those passed by this island were scared because they believed that this island was haunted by spirits...One fine summer day, JD left his mi 9 on top of the sealed box and went on hunting.As a chance of luck a group of pirates who was tricked by the mi 9's hologram thought that this was a precious gem and arrived to take that box and when JD was returning from the hunt he saw them and he was rescued by them...As a memoir he left his mi 9 there and left with the pirates to his home.After reaching home he had undergo many mental struggles to overcome the loss of Malar...<br>
                       A short story by Humaidh...
This was how  JD escaped the haunted Island by the help of mi 9...hope this was enjoyed by you guys...
2021-02-07 12:28:56
Interesting!
2021-02-07 12:34:57
Creative writing is one of the most interesting form indeed. I will try to brush up my writing skill for it.. Haha
2021-02-07 14:11:06
Will update
2021-02-07 14:20:55
Looks like great, I will try from my side
2021-02-07 14:53:45

Master Bunny

kraner | from app

I like a great idea..
2021-02-07 16:04:14