In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Q&A] What is ’others' file? it consumes 11gb. how can i clear it? set gets slower

2021-02-04 01:56:41
120 2
How can i clear named others file from my set? The set gets terribly slower. I stored just 4gb data. But it shows only 6gb space. Why?? Where the rests? Where 20gb ??? How can i fix my problem? How can i make my set faster?
2021-02-04 01:56:41
Favorites RateRate

News Reporter

Prodip Biswas(6340794659) | from Redmi Note 8

Dear User,You can't delete it because that many of important temporary files, app setting are input this files. if you can delete it you lose many of settings and feel sone software crash.  but you can do factory reset that files are all clear. before factory reset please backups  your important files like as mi cloud, External sd card whatever you want. Thanks
2021-02-04 09:58:51
Prodip Kumar Biswas
Newswire Team
Xiaomi Community Bangladesh
Hello there,

In addition with comment #1, Others files are combination of files which includes System Settings, various application settings, Temp file for both system and various apps, cached file, thumbnails etc. During the device run time over time, these files are created and you might not be able to identify files and delete individually. Deleting these files will cause you unstable behavior of system and other apps.

If the size of other files is huge, it indicates, you are using the system for a quite longtime. With proper data backup a factory reset is due in this scenario. A factory reset will delete these file [which will added again over runtime].

Thank you !
2021-02-04 11:38:36