In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Q & A] Need a laptop for uni

2021-02-02 02:22:58
235 7
I need a laptop for my uni course. I've always brought desktops because they're much harder to steal and I have never really had any need for a laptop.
Will Xiaomi be bringing out a laptop in the foreseeable future at all?
2021-02-02 02:22:58
Favorites1 RateRate

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

They have been doing laptops for quite a while now,under both Redmi and Xiaomi brands. The catch though is that they are not officially imported here, and nowadays grey imports are not the easiest.
2021-02-02 03:38:58

Advanced Bunny

Kattastic Author | from app

I really rate the Xiaomi products and would love to get hold of one if I could. Any advice?
2021-02-02 04:31:34

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Kattastic
I really rate the Xiaomi products and would love to get hold of one if I could. Any advice?

It's going to sound daft, as a Mi fan myself,, but I wouldn't recommend them unless officially imported. Laptops prices are all about the components,so no way to make a big price difference, unlike phones where manufacturers traditionally inflate prices, putting us in a good spot value-wise. So basically you'd be paying the same price spec for soecs (or actually more with VAT and import duties), but you'd get no local support, so if a problem develops, you're stuck. To boot,these tend to be made fof other countries,so wrong plugs, keyboards, software, the lot.
2021-02-02 05:44:23

Master Bunny

vader77darth | from app

I hope Xiaomi brings all their laptops to England. I guess we will have to wait and see.
2021-02-02 08:16:39
vader77darth replied at 2021-02-02 00:16:39
I hope Xiaomi brings all their laptops to England. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Absolutely. I was looking at their midranger gaming ones (2060/i7 based) as I was looking for one for my hobbies, and was really tempted. Would have bought it had it been sold here, as there were way too many details that made no sense (things like Windows in Chinese, which takes more than just language change to use properly, non UK keyboards, and of course no support short of sending it back the whole way). With tax and duty it went way above its local competitors, but had it been available here... Oh yes
2021-02-02 15:49:15

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

look at the tech tablets review site
2021-02-02 18:56:35

Advanced Bunny

Kattastic Author | from app

Xiaomi have made me want a laptop which is a fist. Just one thing...it has Chinese windows
2021-03-27 02:53:55