In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Discussion] Mibox 3 (MDZ-16-AB) audio and streaming problems after sleep caused by latest firmware update

2021-01-07 16:23:38
1898 19
My Mibox MDZ-16-AB has been running quite well with the Sept Android 9 Pie update.
Just recently, there was an update which indicated something about "add peel remote for control your mi box" support.

Since applying that update, the device does not operate correctly when waking up from sleep.
  • There is no audio
  • Apps are unable to stream (some freeze, others just buffer indefinitely)
  • Apps (like Kodi) run very slowly

Rebooting the device restores correct functionality, however it's annoying to reboot the device each time it's woken up.
Disabling sleep in the screen saver doesn't seem to help much.
Reports indicate that a factory restore does not solve the issue either

There have been quite a few threads about it on reddit.
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/MiBox/comments/kq0867/audio_issues_after_recent_update/
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/MiBox/comments/kqjlgu/mibox_3_update_sound_play_problem/
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/MiBox/comments/kmyzm6/issue_after_update/

Comments indicate that the MiBox S is also affected similarly.

Hopefullly the MiBox developers are aware of this and can roll out a fix for the devices? Or if there are any fixes, please do share - thanks!
2021-01-07 16:23:38
Favorites4 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

miboxer3 Author |

Looks like this has already been reported in https://c.mi.com/thread-3529471-1-0.html
2021-01-07 16:34:08

Rookie Bunny

geronimo1128 | from MI 5

dolby audio et SDR vers HDR on disparus.pourquoi?
2021-01-14 15:20:35
Hello, this is from XiaoMI .
Sorry for take this bad experience on your device.
Could you please help us to send some logs for this issue? So we can check this problem and try fix it for you.

1.Pleae enable developer option in setting-Device preferences-About-Build, press remote confirmation key 7 times to enable this mode on.
2.Reproduce the issue, like after long time sleeping then wake up and playing is abnormal.
3.Go setting-Device preferences-Developer options,click 'Take bug report' to save bug report.
4.There will be a notification for bugreport captured. Click and send log to this email: liuying23@xiaomi.com
2021-01-14 19:20:37

Rookie Bunny

Xavieraro | from app

Hello, I also have the same issue and I have sent the bug report to you also. It started with the last firmware version
2021-01-15 23:21:40
Hello, I am writing just to add to the list of people impacted with the freeze issue after the latest update.

This is a very annoying bug and it has taken already far too long to be addressed, I would like to please request Xiaomi engineers that seem to have visibility of this thread, that if properly fixing the issue takes time, then take as long as you need, but in the meantime please send OTA to revert back to the previous one.

Thanks!!
2021-01-19 15:30:51

Rookie Bunny

6411716802 | from app

I would also like to report the same issue. However, I have two boxes and one seems more erratic than the other on the same firmware. Either way it's turned a very useful media player into a rather dumb menu interface only. I can't get anything to play now. I agree with the other suggestions to send an OTA firmware rollback just to get the unit behaving like it should. The new firmware didn't add any value at all. So at least roll back and give us something that worked
2021-01-20 23:44:42
Also having the same issue.

Waiting to generate a bug report, one thing to mention: I have 2 boxes and only one is impacted. Installed apps are mostly the same.

The main difference between the two ones is that the impacted box uses a USB stick (16G). I am not sure at all it is related though.
2021-01-21 02:38:11
Yliu245 replied at 2021-01-14 12:20:37
Hello, this is from XiaoMI .
Sorry for take this bad experience on your device.
Could you please help us to send some logs for this issue? So we can check this problem and try fix it for you.

Were you able to investigate this issue? Can we expect a bugfix update soon?
2021-01-26 08:08:31
Same problem here - Apps are unable to stream (some freeze, others just buffer indefinitely), very annoying, please relase update soon
2021-01-28 16:39:55
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #10