In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A3

[Discussion] Mi A3 unbrick guide by @nullby

2021-01-05 01:48:08
17483 47
Mi A3 unbrick guide by @nullby
WARNING: THIS REPAIR IS NOT RECOMMENDED. IF YOU CAN, TAKE YOUR PHONE TO A SERVICE CENTER. THIS GUIDE MIGHT CAUSE FURTHER DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE.
CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DON’T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU DO

• Requirements:

• A Windows PC - Windows 10 recommended
    • Repacked service ROM with patched programmer - download (mirror)
    • USB-C cable
    • (optional, if you don’t want to open up your phone) An EDL (deep flash) cable
    • Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader driver - QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup.exe - find it on google and install it
    • Qualcomm’s QPST - version 2.7.496 or newer recommended - find it on google and install it
    • Fastboot installed and in path

• Unpack the service ROM - after unpacking it should look like this:
  • THIS STEP IS THE HARDEST - getting your phone to EDL - there are two methods:

• The “EDL Cable” method
      If you have an “EDL Cable” (also known as “deep flash” cable) you can reboot your phone into EDL without opening the back. If you’re familiar with a soldering iron, you can probably make one of those yourself - this tutorial won’t go into that, but if you google “DIY EDL Cable” you should find some good tutorials
      If you have an cable:

• Connect the cable to your pc
      • Connect the cable to your phone
      • Hold the button on the cable and the power button at the same time for about 15 seconds
      • If everything went well your phone should now be in 9008 mode. Open device manager and check it. It should look like this:

If you see a warning sign next to it, don’t worry, it’s normal

• The “test points” method
      For this method you will need to open up the back of your phone. When you’re done with that:

• Connect two points marked on this picture with something metal while also holding the power button for about 15 seconds
      • Your phone should now be in EDL mode. Connect a usb-c cable to your computer and open device manager.
      • Open device manager and check it. It should look like this:

If you see a warning sign next to it, don’t worry, it’s normal

• Open QFIL
  • Click “Select Port…”
  • Select your phone from the list and click “OK”
  • Set the mode to UFS in the bottom right corner:
  • Select “flat build”
  • Click “Browse...” next to “Select Programmer” and navigate to where you unpacked your service rom. Open “images” and select “prog_firehose_ddr.elf”
  • Click “Load XML”. It will ask you for 2 things - first select “rawprogram0.xml”, then “patch0.xml”. It should look like this:
  • Click “Download”. If everything goes fine it should finish with a message like this:
  • Reboot to EDL again - repeat step 3
  • Repeat steps 10-12 for all 6 rawprogram XMLs!
  • Once you’re done reboot your phone into fastboot - hold volume down and power until you see the fastboot logo.
  • Run flash_all.bat script from the service rom and wait until it finishes
    IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN YOUR DATA USE flash_all_except_data_storage.bat INSTEAD

Your phone should be good to go now. It should boot into android 11 after holding the power button for about 15 seconds.

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +2 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2021-01-05 01:48:08
Favorites15 RateRate

Master Bunny

JRRiquelme | from Mi 9T Pro

Great thread . Thanks for sharing
2021-01-05 02:53:34
Well I tryed following the instructions that post, but I got it put that ROM on MIFLASH update 14032020 and drivers QUALCOMM and I authenticed in my normal account XIAOMI
2021-01-05 07:06:50
It was a hardship, but I got it ... I thought I would have to buy another smartphone ... I would buy from another brand. I think Xiaomi failed badly with its customers ...
2021-01-05 07:11:15

Master Bunny

Life on Mars | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Amazing and informative thread . Thanks for sharing this knowledge
2021-01-05 09:17:58
Has anyone managed to solve the problem using this method? I am afraid to do and fail and further damage the device. I found a technician who does the job, but it's expensive.
Could you tell us where you downloaded the files you are asking for in the topic?
Thanks!

NOTE: Sorry, I don't speak English and I'm using Google Translate.
2021-01-05 09:56:57
Great tutorial . Thanks for sharing
2021-01-05 10:45:03

Rookie Bunny

GioJoi332 | from Mi A3

Douglas Magini
Has anyone managed to solve the problem using this method? I am afraid to do and fail and further damage the device. I found a technician who does the job, but it's expensive.
Could you tell us where you downloaded the files you are asking for in the topic?
Thanks!

if you has afraid  disassemble your phone, may be seek a tech assistance. ...Announcement Regarding Android 11 Update Issue on Some Mi A3 Devices  https://c.mi.com/thread-3527598-1-0.html
2021-01-05 10:57:54
This actually worked! I had some troubles but I actually saved my phone. I do have a question, if anybody can answer. How safe is this rom (or any custom rom for that matter)? Is it possible to hide some malware\spyware into it? I'm not really technnical genius so I'm asking sincerly and not to be an asshole.
2021-01-05 18:34:28
Xiaomibricksphones replied at 2021-01-05 11:34:28
This actually worked! I had some troubles but I actually saved my phone. I do have a question, if anybody can answer. How safe is this rom (or any custom rom for that matter)? Is it possible to hide some malware\spyware into it? I'm not really technnical genius so I'm asking sincerly and not to be an asshole.

Bonjour,

Est ce que vraiment ça marche cette méthode ?
2021-01-05 18:59:32
Ninou_007 replied at 2021-01-05 11:59:32
Bonjour,

Est ce que vraiment ça marche cette méthode ?

english
2021-01-05 19:59:45