In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 6 Pro

[Discussion] SOLVED! Redmi Note 6 Pro constantly rebooting after MIUI 11.0.5.0/How to backup data? check comments

2020-12-12 14:05:58
594 3
So after downloading and installing MIUI 11.0.5.0 on my Redmi Note 6 Pro from the system update screen, the phone keeps on rebooting every minute. I can unlock and access my phone, but I can't do any backups before the rebooting interrupts the process. I've left the phone plugged in overnight to try and let it reboot and maybe finish it's update, but it's still rebooting for apparently no reason now. Is there any way to fix this or retrieve my data before I try and reset the phone?
2020-12-12 14:05:58
Favorites2 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

1915357022 Author |

I've managed to solve this issue by updating my MIUI version to 11.0.6.0, which I downloaded from this MI forum post and installed in recovery mode using a Chinese translated beta version of MI phone assistant/MI PC Suite. The process keeps your files and is basically an OTA update done through your computer connected to your phone.

From there, the phone stopped rebooting and I was able to backup my files and I've been running 11.0.6.0 for a couple hours with no problem now.

For any Redmi Note 6 Pro users with this problem, I think this is a solution that not only keeps your files, but also updates your device to a more stable version. For those that haven't updated, don't update to 11.0.5.0 as you might end up in my situation ;)
2020-12-13 16:28:32
"All warfa

Grand Master Bunny

Cah Bagos | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

I've managed to solve this issue by updating my MIUI version to 11.0.6.0, which I downloaded from this MI forum post and installed in recovery mode using a Chinese translated beta version of MI phone assistant/MI PC Suite. The process keeps your files and is basically an OTA update done through your computer connected to your phone.

From there, the phone stopped rebooting and I was able to backup my files and I've been running 11.0.6.0 for a couple hours with no problem now.

good to know that Bro :)
2020-12-13 18:28:56
Experience is the best teacher..!

Master Bunny

TorQue_WrenCh | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

good to hear that
2020-12-26 16:10:58